What's new

6E Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

GT-AX6000.

whats a good 6e asus router to for as just updated my laptops to 6e

You are investing in technology with little to none return of investment. Wi-Fi 7 will be using better the 6GHz spectrum. Currently there are two Asuswrt-Merlin supported 6E routers - GT-AXE11000 (older hardware similar to GT-AX11000) and GT-AXE16000 (perhaps the most expensive Asus home router).

Yes. Once Wi-Fi 7 is out perhaps no one is going to manufacture 6E clients and high performance clients market will shift to the new standards.

Business. The price will be as high as people are willing to pay. My concern is Wi-Fi 6E will be skipped altogether and the few available 6E clients will remain a few available forever. Wi-Fi 6 support as cheaper will be perhaps expanded. Bleeding edge will be Wi-Fi 7. There is no need for new 6E products and doesn't make business sense to make them. There is a chance you are going to end up with a router supporting your current laptops and that's about it.

Wi-Fi 6E makes more sense today when used as wireless backhaul for home "mesh" systems. For clients - not so much unless you need a dedicated radio to some sort of very high bandwidth VR set. This same dedicated radio can be Wi-Fi 6 though with one of the available "tri-band" routers.

Last edited:
GT-AX6000.

The GT-AX6000 does not support 6E so why post that comment ? The OP asked for a good router with 6E. The GT-AX6000 is no longer the best and really never was. Good but not great.

Nobody said it does.

But as already pointed out, WiFi 6E is not a good buy today.

The GT-AX6000 is superior value right now.

saying this as my ax88u died and using the BT smarthub 2 atm but wifi in same room on laptop so so slow

Module Expand to 6GHz MU-MIMO Tri-Band Internal Network Adapter with Bluetooth 5.2 for Laptop, S just got cheap

Guess i could always get a cheap asus youter for time being as need open vpn to run marantz as tune in radio is geo locked

You need a replacement router, not necessarily 6E capable. A new RT-AX88U Pro router is coming soon with upgraded hardware and the same looks like your old RT-AX88U. It may be a good option for you.

I can't recommend GT-AX6000 to anyone above teen age, sorry. It's a product designed for ToysRUs stores.

Not sure what do you mean, sorry. I'm suggesting above a more router and less toy looking version of basically the same hardware.

Being civil goes a long way in a community.

Sometimes if one doesn't have something positive to say, better to leave it unsaid...

Thanks, @sfx2000.

1678593802184.png

1678593831970.png

:)

Identical to XT12, but one of the radios is set as Wi-Fi 6E. Other similar twins are XT8 and ET8. Wi-Fi 6E radio is intended for wireless backhaul in "mesh" sets. Perhaps no one around is using the 6GHz band yet, but it has lower penetration and range especially on channels around 7GHz. Good idea, but may not work for everyone. GT-AX11000 and GT-AXE11000 are also the same hardware routers with 2x 5GHz bands or 1x 5GHz + 1x 6GHz.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!