What's new

6in4 issues help appreciated

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

You can get eventually IPv6 connectivity score. Nothing else.

What websites and applications work with IPv6 only and don't support IPv4?

As far as I remember 6in4 tunnels work with public IPv4 only. If you have public IPv4 though it makes 6in4 tunnel mostly useless. This was the reason I asked what's the purpose of this setup. If it was testing something on IPv6 - go for it. If it's IPv6 connectivity for some score - no point doing it. This IPv6 in IPv4 encapsulation just slows down your Internet access. Use available IPv4 and wait for your ISP to provide IPv6 support... if you really want IPv6.

is there any reason my score dropped was working for testing purposes just fine few months ago.
is my config wrong?

I never used 6in4 tunnels nor this specific service. Your 6in4 tunnel doesn't seem to be working. Someone else will help you with configuration. I don't recommend any extra configurations with zero benefits. In your case it actually has negative impact on performance and part of your traffic goes through 3rd party company for no reason. Your choice though. Good luck.

What is this site showing?

The other one is quite buggy.

What is this site showing?

The other one is quite buggy.
currently shows this

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-09 034834.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-09 034834.png
    130.1 KB · Views: 53
For a start you're trying to update the DDNS with an IPv6 - this needs to be your IPv4 public (wan) ip so disable the IPv6 setting on your DDNS page.

I have changed as u said just now. But it shows failed authentication.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230410_233157_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230410_233157_Chrome.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 31
I have changed as u said just now. But it shows failed authentication.
Is the DDNS actually working? Does your WAN IP match the client IPv4 address in tunnelbroker?
Note: I'm working blind here, I don't use DDNS for the updates. Also working from a mobile phone, no access to a pc til I get home.