What's new

_ecc Certificate Folder change

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kramttocs

Occasional Visitor
Been using this setup for awhile (utilizing the router certs for other Windows apps via network share) and it works fine but would like to understand it a little better. I am using it but want to know what I am actually doing.

Router: DDNS enabled via zoneedit and using Let's Encrypt. Will refer to my domain as 'mypersonaldomain.com'

On the router I get:

• mypersonaldomain.com_ecc (folder)
    • backup (empty folder)
    • ca.cer
    • domain.key
    • fullchain.cer
    • fullchain.pem
    • mypersonaldomain.com.cer
    • mypersonaldomain.com.conf
    • mypersonaldomain.com.csr
    • mypersonaldomain.com.csr.conf
    • mypersonaldomain.com.key
  • account.config
  • account.key
If there is an explanation for what all the files are for, that'd be great.

For a given Windows application I am using:
cert: fullchain.pem
key: domain.key

Is that correct?

I'd like to utilize this in my home assistant setup (getting rid of the Let's Encrypt addon as it's redundant I am assuming)
There the Home Assistant addon is generating privkey.pem (privatekey) and fullchain.pem (certificate file).
NGINX is consuming these two files.

If the above Windows app file usage is correct, I'll just change NGINX to point to them as well but again, would just like to know what's what and would really like to know what the mypersonaldomain.com.xxx files are for as I believe the router generated them before the Let's Encrypt functionality even processed.

Edit: another question
The domain.key from the router is a 'begin ec private key' that is 3 lines long. the privkey.pem from the Home Assistant Let's Encrypt add on is a 'begin private key' that is 26 lines long. ?

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online