What's new

A beast is coming soon.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gen 4 drives have been out for awhile now. Gen 5 on the other hand doubles the speeds again to 14GB/s which will require active cooling.

Gen 4 drives have been out for awhile now. Gen 5 on the other hand doubles the speeds again to 14GB/s which will require active cooling.
Gen 5 will be available for Enterprise servers in this year. Consumer grade Gen5 will be available in 2023 or 2024. So we can only use Gen4 for a long time.
Gen 5 doesn't support M.2 slot though.

Gen 5 SSDs will be available for the Lenovo Legion 7i with Intel 12 Gen HX processors, coming later this month. And it seems, yes, M.2 format for Gen 5.

M2 gen5 is supported in the ASRock velocita z690.

M2 gen5 is supported in the ASRock velocita z690.

I was talking about Enterprise Gen5 NVME. Enterprise Gen5 NVME doesn't support M.2. Of course I know some Z690 boards support Gen5 M.2. There will be 2 types of Gen5 NVME like PCIe(Enterprise servers), M.2(Consumers). When we use Gen5 M.2 PCIE1 runs as x8. The problem is we can't buy Gen5 NVME now. It's not in the market.

Enterprise vs Consumer is a totally different argument.

Things trickle down from Enterprise as they always have. Comparing the two is pointless.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!