What's new

A bit off-topic

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheLyppardMan

Very Senior Member
Just a quick request - would someone see if they are able to download and install the ASUS utilities, such as Rescue, Device Discovery, etc? I just cannot get any of these to install on my new Windows 10 laptop. The installation starts but then just hangs (see screenshot below). I have to use Task Manager to close it. I've tried temporarily disabling Kaspersky Total Security but it still happens.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 12_07_2020 , 22_06_36.jpg
    Screenshot - 12_07_2020 , 22_06_36.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 148
Have you tried running the install with Admin rights? (Right click on install package, select install as admin)

Also check Kaspersky > Settings > Firewall > Configure Application Rules . make sure the Asus apps are trusted.

Thanks folks. I did try to install with Kaspersky disabled, but the software still wouldn't install. I was trying to install it from a Windows 10 laptop onto an RT-AC86U. I also tried different browsers.

I was going to try temporarily disabling Skynet and Diversion this morning, to eliminate those as possible reasons, but I didn't need to as both Discovery & Rescue have installed without any problems this morning. Could it have been that something was down on the ASUS servers?

Thanks folks. I did try to install with Kaspersky disabled, but the software still wouldn't install. I was trying to install it from a Windows 10 laptop onto an RT-AC86U. I also tried different browsers.

I was going to try temporarily disabling Skynet and Diversion this morning, to eliminate those as possible reasons, but I didn't need to as both Discovery & Rescue have installed without any problems this morning. Could it have been that something was down on the ASUS servers?
Excellent. Another RFIO (router fixed itself overnight)..