What's new

A Couple Questions on The Asuswrt-Merlin RT-AX58U Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kage

Occasional Visitor
I repurchased the Asus RT-AX58U router today. I'm interested in installing the Asuswrt-Merlin RT-AX58U firmware. I have a few questions on it:
1. Is it easy to install the Merlin firmware?
2. Is it possible to revert back to the Asus stock firmware? If so, what is the procedure?
3. Will the Asus RT-AX58U warranty be voided with Merlin firmware?
4. Will the RT-AX58U overall performance and stability be improved from the stock firmware?
5. Is there added features on the RT-AX58U Merlin firmware?
6. Is it compatible with the iOS Asus Router app?

I repurchased the Asus RT-AX58U router today. I'm interested in installing the Asuswrt-Merlin RT-AX58U firmware. I have a few questions on it:
2. Is it possible to revert back to the Asus stock firmware? If so, what is the procedure?
4. Will the RT-AX58U overall performance and stability be improved from the stock firmware?

Hello!
1- Very easy.
2- Yes, the same way you install a firmware update (just do a reset before installing stock).
3- No.
4- For sure.
5- Many of them: https://www.asuswrt-merlin.net/features
6- 99%!

However, you won't go back to stock :)

I have a RT-AX58U running the latest stock Asus firmware and it’s been flawless for a couple of months now. I’ve used Merlin on it in the past and if you’re not planning on running scripts or generally tinkering with it a lot the stock Asus firmware works really well. With your ISP speed and your square footage you won’t see much of a difference if any.

I installed the Merlin firmware on my RT-AX58U. Its stable. Is there a way to set a schedule within the Merlin firmware for the LED lights on the RT-AX58U to be off and on?

I installed the Merlin firmware on my RT-AX58U. Its stable. Is there a way to set a schedule within the Merlin firmware for the LED lights on the RT-AX58U to be off and on?

black electrical tape - but that's me...

Using a ssh client, open amtm. Type i to show available scripts. Type lc for led control.

Can I continue here?
I have a question also, noticed that with Lyra connected with aimesh its not possible to disable leds on Lyras.
This is with latest merlin release, not sure if it even works with latest asus firmware.
With the old rt-ac68u it worked fine, I could disable leds from the gui and the asus app. But not with rt-ax58u.

Any way to fix this? Or is this something that Asus needs to fix?