What's new

AB-Solution 1.07 is out!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

If you installed AB-Solution after installing optware then yes, post-mount has been replaced by the script. Look for the original file in <your device>/adblocking/backup/ and copy/paste the missing entries into the /jffs/scripts/post-mount file.
The reboot.
That's a bit enoying. Couldn't the install script first read if it is overwritting existing entware files?
My backup/ was find empty, don't know why.

I'd like to know if AB-Solution can be effect on per client basis? What I mean is that a tablet on LAN could block ads by AB-Solution while a PC on LAN could bypass AB-Solution and show ads.
If not, could it be a upcoming feature?
Thanks in advance:)

That's a bit enoying. Couldn't the install script first read if it is overwritting existing entware files?
My backup/ was find empty, don't know why.
It used to, but have had some trouble with it and that was removed in a later version.
Btw, installing entware does the same to all entries in that file.

Strangely, thats what I'm experiencing at the moment!

Any ideas? My laptop is showing ads, but none of my other devices are. I've flushed the DNS cache on the laptop and tried a reboot, but all to no avail.

Strangely, thats what I'm experiencing at the moment!

Any ideas? My laptop is showing ads, but none of my other devices are. I've flushed the DNS cache on the laptop and tried a reboot, but all to no avail.
Check your laptops DNS settings. It should point to your router's IP.

I'd like to know if AB-Solution can be effect on per client basis? What I mean is that a tablet on LAN could block ads by AB-Solution while a PC on LAN could bypass AB-Solution and show ads.
If not, could it be a upcoming feature?
Thanks in advance:)

You can selectively exclude clients from ad blocking by adding them individually to DNS Filtering.

Thanks for the answer:).
Is that means I can only use either AB-Solution or privoxy but not both?
It works with both I believe, @bayern1975 uses it afaik. Maybe he can share his changes.
They are mainly pointing the blocked domains to the privoxy IP instead of 0.0.0.0.

i tested ab-solution with dnscrypt and pixelser-tls....it works well, for privoxy i do not know but i think he need to change 0.0.0.0 with router IP like 192.168.1.1....not sure bu t i think @digimon04 will need OpenVPN to configure and then he can add rule for block ads for some clients and not block for others.....

i tested ab-solution with dnscrypt and pixelser-tls....it works well, for privoxy i do not know but i think he need to change 0.0.0.0 with router IP like 192.168.1.1....not sure bu t i think @digimon04 will need OpenVPN to configure and then he can add rule for block ads for some clients and not block for others.....

Sounds complicated. I think I will stick with AB-Solution.

Much appreciated;)

Just a stupid question. If I want to allow ads on specific websites, what is the address I needed to whitelist at AB-solution, the website itself or the ads DNS address?

Just a stupid question. If I want to allow ads on specific websites, what is the address I needed to whitelist at AB-solution, the website itself or the ads DNS address?
The ads domain, add it to the whitest.txt file, just as the existing entries. Then read in the white/blacklist from the menu.

Reactions: eaz
Well the point of my question is not if it works on dd-wrt it is why it does not. I mean why is this not working on dd-wrt and what would it require to make it work on dd-wrt