What's new

AC-86U QOS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jeff009

New Around Here
Hi, question for everyone - I'm seeing some odd behavior with QOS on my 86U. I have adaptive QOS turned on and bandwidth setting set to automatic. The QOS I've chosen is Work from home. When I run tests fast.com or dslreports - I see latency/bloat. In the past I change the bandwidth to manual and set slightly below my highest values on down and up - removing the bloat. When I do this now, my download drops from 230+Mbs to less than 10Mbs (when set to a 220Mbs limit), upload has a similar drop well below the limit set. Once I remove the manual setting and put back to automatic bandwidth comes back but latency/bloat comes back. Is this a known issue with recent firmwares? I've tried to search and don't see it.

Thanks,

Jeff

What firmware version? The easiest check is to ensure you're putting the download value in the download field and not the upload field. Common error to make.

If I remember correctly, the automatic setting is flaky and doesn't work well. Choose manual and enter 90% or so of your upload and download speeds and test. Adjust the percentage as needed.

Wow I feel stupid, was flipping my values - for some reason I assumed/read the top value as download and the bottom value as upload - nope it's the other way. All set and working once you use it right. Thanks!