What's new

AC3100 login screen now contains a captcha

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Is there a solution to this? I saw it first after I upgraded to 384.18_beta1

ta
k.

I assume AsusWRT behaves the same for the different routers, for my RT-AC68U the captcha appears after two failed logins.
After a proper login the Captcha is gone for the next login and untill the next two failed logins.
You can also assume: if you get the Captcha, someone tried and failed to login your router.

Last edited:
I recently updated my AC3100 to the latest firmware, 3.0.0.4.385.20490, and now I get a captcha on the login screen. This is so incredibly annoying! Can it be disabled? Anyone know?

Go to firewall then to the URL filter tab and add router.asus.com to the URL filter. Problem solved!

Just ran into this today with the latest firmware for AX11000 WTF... Problem is every time I try to login it says " captcha is wrong". So now I can't login to my own router? Simple fix, I just rebooted it and now its fine.. Guess its not on "initial" login just when multiple attempts fail like when a keyboard has a stuck caps lock or shift key isn't working and a password has caps..

I can't get past the captcha it keeps saying its wrong, i am getting a little annoyed i tried using chrome and FF and not getting in that sux that means security is out the window since i cant check my logs or make changes to anything good work devs when i buy a new router ill fix this one with a hammer and never never never install this crap fw again!!!

I just ran into this, the Capitcha doesn't work, it's stupid.

WHY MUST YOU ADD STUFF LIKE THIS WITHOUT IT WORKING!!!

I think I may be locked out, this is an example of the sociopaths around us wanting to lock everything down to a level that isn't fitting for everyone, by default.

Dang-it. I am new, I just joined because of this, I hate this feature. I am locked out, dammit. I don't think the Capitcha works properly and I am not confused about what my password was because I can't tell myself with the Capitcha. This is torturing me, the owner, not an attacker. I don't have this public, so it doesn't apply. It's going against the person it should protect, by being enabled without it working well enough to trust and know if I am failing or it is. I wish it did not have this Capitcha in the way, making my day really suck now. I know someone will say "your protected" and I have something to say back to you. This capitcha should not be on by default. It's not even good, people with vision issues or older cannot deal with it. It's for young people with good vision, your not thinking about everyone inclusively like people who can't read the stupid pictures that are hard for anyone to read.

Last edited:
Yes it is not valid, I was using the right password, your Capitcha is buggy and fails. It stressed me out, ruined my morning.

Sociopaths, probably happy, but this is not secure this is idiotic to think such a thing. Your just playing some game with your feelings and hurting people who don't need this BS that fails to work. It was not letting me in with the right password, at the Capitcha.

Don't you have QA????

Are you having a conversation with yourself?

Sorry.

Yet I am amazed this feature still fails to work when using the right password when it gets to Capitcha mode. Others seem to have the issue, yet Asus doesn't care about it? Or else is it not believed to be an issue.

I turned it off, it's a terrible feature to have as the default. That is it from me.

Sorry.

Yet I am amazed this feature still fails to work when using the right password when it gets to Capitcha mode. Others seem to have the issue, yet Asus doesn't care about it? Or else is it not believed to be an issue.

I turned it off, it's a terrible feature to have as the default. That is it from me.
You do realise that is isn't an Asus website so no one from Asus will see your comments? If your intention was to complain to Asus you need to contact them directly.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!