What's new

AC3100 Traffic Analyzer Deleted History By Itself?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

FanaticLight7

Occasional Visitor
Hello,

Has anyone had an issue where the traffic history deleted itself and started on the 1st of a random month? I had this router since June, and a few weeks ago all my history from June-Aug got deleted and only starts from September 1 onward. Is this a limitation of the traffic analyzer? I can't find any information about this and how long it can actually store data for. Im on the latest firmware which I think is 3.0.0.4.385_20631

Thanks

The traffic database will normally get truncated whenever it exceeds 30 MB, however it should only delete older contents. It's possible something got corrupted on the /jffs storage partition, causing the database to be lost.

The traffic database will normally get truncated whenever it exceeds 30 MB, however it should only delete older contents. It's possible something got corrupted on the /jffs storage partition, causing the database to be lost.

I see. Odd that it randomly happened. I see a similar thread from a while back for someone else: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/wtf-trend-traffic-statistics-deleting-itself.62913/

Seems similar to what I experienced. Perhaps a firmware bug? Although I'm on a different model.

Also another unrelated question to the traffic monitor if someone can answer. I was comparing some of the router usage to what my ISP logs, and my ISP is logging traffic that is significantly higher than what I'm seeing on a total monthly basis. For example last month my ISP shows 850GB of usage, and the router shows roughly 810, so a is a 40GB difference normal? I understand there are differences in logging and stuff so I don't expect it to be exact, but isn't this a pretty big difference? Some days the usage is only off by 500mb - 1GB, but other days I see a 4-6GB discrepancy in what's reported between the router and the ISP. Is it possible that the router is ignoring some traffic?

@RMerlin - when corruption occurs (which I believe is the case in my situation...I never see details of apps, etc. in my traffic analyzer any more, nor do I see any events in the Trend Micro IPS), which files, etc. should be deleted from the /jffs partition to get things up and running normally again? I did a complete hard reset of my GT-AC5300 over a month ago in hopes it would straighten out the traffic analyzer logs as well as the IPS data, then re-did my entire config from scratch. Same results afterward.

I posted a screenshot of my traffic analyzer below...as you can see, app details are completely missing. Been that way for months and nothing seems to fix it.

traffic.jpg

Last edited:
which files, etc. should be deleted from the /jffs partition to get things up and running normally again?

First disable Traffic Analyzer and Web History (if you had it enabled).

Then, delete the following folders under /jffs/.sys/ :

Code:
AiProtectionMonitor   TrafficAnalyzer      WBL                  WebHistory

After that, re-enable the disabled services.

First disable Traffic Analyzer and Web History (if you had it enabled).

Then, delete the following folders under /jffs/.sys/ :

Code:
AiProtectionMonitor   TrafficAnalyzer      WBL                  WebHistory

After that, re-enable the disabled services.

Thanks! That worked perfectly. Saving for future reference.

Thanks! That worked perfectly. Saving for future reference.

BTW Asus are aware of this, and are actively working on a solution.

When I couldn't resolve the traffic stats problem after a complete factory reset and reconfiguring from scratch (couple of months ago), I submitted "feedback" through Administration > Feedback (with all the logs, etc.) from within the router's Web UI to ASUS. Never heard anything back, but it's great to know that they're working on a fix, and that there's a workaround in the mean-time. In my particular case, the update to firmware 3.0.0.4.384.82037 on the GT-AC5300 seemed to trigger it.

AiProtection, web history logs, and traffic stats are populating perfectly fine after deleting those directories within /jffs/.sys.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!