What's new

RT-AC68U Traffic Analyzer not keeping data on latest firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DrVlikhell

New Around Here
I have an RT-AC68U, all by itself, no mesh, stock firmware. Recently after I updated to 3.0.0.4.386_51255 the Traffic Analyzer does not keep data for more than a few days. Sometimes four days, sometimes not even a full day. Previously, for all the years I've had it, it would keep data for at least the whole month, possibly longer but I never needed to look at more than the current month. Is anyone else having this problem? I haven't seen mention of it anywhere that I've looked so far.

I loosely rely on it on a regular basis because I have Xfinity and their stupid data cap, so I keep an eye on data usage that way. It also tells me which devices/activities are eating up data so I know what to ease up on if I get too close to the cap.

I tried turning the Traffic Analyzer off and on again, then a few days later I tried rebooting the router. I really don't want to have to do a factory reset, I'm concerned about having to set everything up manually again if restoring settings doesn't work properly. Any other ideas on how to fix it, or if it's a known issue that will be solved in the next firmware?

I gave it over a week and it's still doing the same thing. At one point it saved five days but then the next time I checked it was down to two days, and today it's only got eight hours worth of data. CPU usage is always low, RAM usage is 164 out of 256. I don't know what else to do except either a full factory reset or just wait and hope it's fixed in the next firmware. Anyone else have any ideas?

What firmware version did you have previously? When was the last time you did a full reset?

Waiting for it to be fixed in the next firmware version is hardly a way forward.

Do a full reset and if it still exhibits similar issues, be sure to report it to Asus via the feedback button within the GUI.

Sorry, I misread the thread title, This is on a RT-AX86U.

I'm on FW V 3.0.0.4.388_22525-gd35b8fe which as far as I can tell updated on 4/13 and am experiencing the exact same issue, no Traffic Analyzer Statistics. I don't recall ever having an issue with the statistics before although full disclosure I rarely check it. I see data in the Traffic Monitor but nothing is being logged in statistics and yes, I do have it turned on.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!