What's new

AC5300 DCHP NOT WORKING

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Doddie124

New Around Here
ROG Raptor GT-AC5300 - purchased 2 years ago and installed as router. I remember at the time that the DHCP set up had issues and I had to do something simple but deep in the set up. I.m sure I found the solution here.

It’s worked fine ever since no issues great router. Until ISP outage and lost connection to the internet. tried alsorts but no success. Followed advice of ISP tech ( more fool me I know) and hard rest now I’m completely lost. i can set up the wifi network 3 channels and get remote access on tablet but can not access the internet. I’m not tech savvy so getting latest firmware manually and uploading ??? Had a red led now it’s blue. The app says DHCP not working properly.

Try turning off the power to the modem and router. Then wait 2 minutes and turn only the modem back on. Wait about 5 minutes to ensure the modem is fully initialised, then turn on the power to the router. Wait 2 minutes for the router to boot up.

If you still don't have any internet access, from a PC connected to your network open a browser and go to http://router.asus.com and log into your router. Go to WAN - Internet Connection and change the DHCP query frequency to Continuous Mode. Apply that change and wait a minute to see if it now works.

Thanks for the response. No luck I’m afraid. Did all the above and still the same.

’your ISPS DHCP does not function correctly.’

it might as well be double Dutch to me.

this router needed some simple tweak when purchased 2 years ago which I am sure I picked up from help on this site and has worked without a hitch since until yesterday and now it might as well be a door stop.

Screen shot

Attachments

• 1B8E7BE0-E8DB-4FDF-ACFE-219AC29FBD80.png
    1B8E7BE0-E8DB-4FDF-ACFE-219AC29FBD80.png
    527.5 KB · Views: 37
Similar thread here:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!