What's new

AC5300 disconnection 4G link

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Nawak

New Around Here
Hello,

After some research I have the impression that my problem has not been documented, but feel free to redirect me if I'm wrong (my first language not being English, I may have missed it).

I have a RT AC5300 on last Merlin update, I use two links, but initially I will concentrate on my 4G link, which will become my main link if I can solve my problem.

I think my 4G router (Huawei B818-263) has a few micro outages during the day, in itself this is not a problem, except that my AC5300 router is handling it very badly, I have to reboot it to get the link working properly again.
When I rebooted, everything worked perfectly.

I use a lot of scripts (amtm), and I tried to disable them just in case (except the Skynet firewall), same problem.

I also schedule a reboot every day at 4am, but when I get home from work my connection is almost always down.

I mention this in passing, but setting up dual WAN (OEM or with Dual WAN Failover Script) did not solve the problem, so I think it's best to focus on the stability of a link before mentioning other problems.

Do you have a preferred configuration for connecting to a 4G router? With a VDSL connection I have had no problems with disconnection, my router has worked for months without any problems.

Thank you in advance for your clarification, feel free to ask me if I have forgotten any important details

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!