What's new

AC5300 Merlin Low Range

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ASadani

hi all,

I changed from hugo to merlin on the ac5300 at a friends place and the range is significantly lesser. The places where I used to get 3 bars is now getting 1 and at times none. I know hugo's branch is not being supported here and he too no longer makes firmware but Hugo's latest firmware has a lot of speed / vpn issues and downgrading to his old firmware is not working at all.

Is there a way to downgrade to old base firmware tips? I have bricked a few routers trying to downgrade so am terribly confused on what to do

I managed to tftp to the older firmware that works but once the old firmware starts the cpu1 spikes to 100 percent in a cycle with cpu2. Setting up telnet does not do anything and telnet / ssh is not enabled. If I change from static to dhcp I don't get an IP too.

I have tried the WPS clean etc and can't get the router to work with that firmware. Has some things changed that you cannot go back to an old working firmware?