What's new

AC5300 upgrade to 386.2_2 2.4Ghz radio not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rolfi

Occasional Visitor
Hey all,

yesterday I upgraded (nuclear reset and M&M config) my AC5300 to 386.2_2, but since the upgrade the 2.4Ghz radio works for some time and then just stops working.
This means, first I have an extremely high ping to 8.8.8.8. When I switch to the 5Ghz radio (which works fine), I cannot even reconnect to the 2,4Ghz.

The temps are:
Legend: 2.4 GHz - 5 GHz - CPU
Current Temperatures: 50 °C - 55 °C - 71 °C

There are no USB devices connected and I didn't load any backups (JFFS, configs, etc.) after the flash.

Any help is appreciated, since most of my devices at home only support 2,4Ghz :(

Thanks!

The log of the router is also spammed...

Btw, please let me know, if I can provide any more information that could help!

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    61.3 KB · Views: 125
I am having the same problems with GT-AC5300 (f/w 3.0.0.4.386_42643-g16dc577) - the devices in 2.4GHz can't access internet after a few days - have to reboot the router. Have not changed ANYTHING recently - the problem started just like that. Have done a reset and running pretty much default options. Any pointers? The 5GHz has no issues at all.

Attachments

• ac5300.jpg
    ac5300.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 82
Anyone found solutions for this? i am also having issues with some devices on 2.4gHz where some are unable to detect the others...

Hi all
on a RT-AC88U I have the same (or a very similar) problem.

There's one think I noticed, though. Three days ago I manually chose a control channel instead of using "Auto", and, so far, it's stable.

For me this also started happening when I upgraded to 386.3_2

Same here 2.4GHz on my AC86u not working anymore cant even connect to it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!