What's new

Solved AC66 - Move from Tomato (Shibby) to Johns Merlin LTS 374

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Zoomingrocket

Occasional Visitor
Hello everyone,

I have a spare AC66 MIPS router which is running old version of Tomato by Shibby. Have not used it for couple of years but wanted to pass it on to a friend for basic router needs and want to switch to Johns Merlin LTS 374 release to bring it up to well supported release.

So what would be the best way to switch from Tomato to Merlin LTS 374? Can i upload firmware via Tomato UI and then reset or need to use Asus restore tool?

Thank you for advice in advance.

Last edited:
I'd be very surprised if you had any trouble updating from tomato to just about any other firmware using the GUI. I've been using tomato in numerous variants for years, and I can't recall having any issues.

Thanks, will give it a shot straight from UI
Should work from the UI....but you should use the latest development release, 51D3, which I believe fixes a memory leak leading to unexpected reboots (just waiting for confirmation to formal release it from those that had the problem).

Should work from the UI....but you should use the latest development release, 51D3, which I believe fixes a memory leak leading to unexpected reboots (just waiting for confirmation to formal release it from those that had the problem).
Thanks John, will pick 51D3 and report back later tonight.

Thanks John, will pick 51D3 and report back later tonight.
All set, successful with 51D3. Did full reset after that and all looks good. Will test it out on my network before passing it on.

Thanks for all the help!

Attachments

• 66R_51D3.png
    66R_51D3.png
    72.1 KB · Views: 119

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!