What's new

Ac66u b1 1.75A power supply

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tennbrikket

Occasional Visitor
Hello :) i am trying to get a really good deal sorted. 1 ac66u b1 and 1 ac66u for 20 bucks. b1 is missing power supply and ac66u is missing an antenna. I currently have a spare n66u which has a 1.58A power supply. But the b1 is demanding 1.75A power supply, is it possible to run the b1 on a weaker supply or is the plug different? The b1 will be used as a aimesh router. If i disable as much unnecessary sh*t as possible on the b1, will it draw much more than 1.58a?

The 1.75A @ 19v (33.25W) is the maximum it might consume. Bear in mind that that would include devices plugged into the USB 2 and 3 ports which by themselves could theoretically draw 2.5W and 4.5W respectively. So doing the maths, if you don't have any USB devices you'd only need to supply 1.39A @ 19v.

The 1.75A @ 19v (33.25W) is the maximum it might consume. Bear in mind that that would include devices plugged into the USB 2 and 3 ports which by themselves could theoretically draw 2.5W and 4.5W respectively. So doing the maths, if you don't have any USB devices you'd only need to supply 1.39A @ 19v.

that makes sense. Do you know if it uses the same plug?

Hello :) i am trying to get a really good deal sorted. 1 ac66u b1 and 1 ac66u for 20 bucks. b1 is missing power supply and ac66u is missing an antenna. I currently have a spare n66u which has a 1.58A power supply. But the b1 is demanding 1.75A power supply, is it possible to run the b1 on a weaker supply or is the plug different? The b1 will be used as a aimesh router. If i disable as much unnecessary sh*t as possible on the b1, will it draw much more than 1.58a?

I don't believe they use the same size plug. Not positive but I know the plug from an N66 won't fit an AC68 or an AC86.

The N66 uses a 2.5 mm plug while the N68/AC86 use a 4 mm plug.

I have several spare new and never used 19V - 1.75 amp power supplies with the 4 mm plug. If you are in the USA I will sell you one for $9.00 plus postage.

Last edited:
I don't believe they use the same size plug. Not positive but I know the plug from an N66 won't fit an AC68 or an AC86.

The N66 uses a 2.5 mm plug while the N68/AC86 use a 4 mm plug.

I have several spare new and never used 19V - 1.75 amp plugs with the 4 mm plug. If you are in the USA I will sell you one for $9.00 plus postage.

Thanks for the offer :) But i am in Europe. I checked the SN through our Asus site on work, but i did not find the part list for the device. But i am only authorized for l1/l2 notebook and desktop repair, so i had no options when trying to search in the network catagory. I will try and pull some strings, i do have a few Asus employees i can ask, hopefully this will sort it self out. I do have tons of laptop chargers at work, so i might be able to find something that fits.

OK. Won't be back in Europe until late April.

Your best bet might be to find a plug that fits and then splice it onto your existing power supply. Another option is to search on Amazon and see if you can find a store that sells a compatible power supply. The 19v makes it an odd duck. As for AMPs makes no difference if it is 1.75 amps or 10 amps. The router will only use what it needs. If the voltage exceeds 19 v the magic smoke will leak out of your router.

If you can't find the supply on Amazon search the web. I have purchased items directly from China and at least in the USA you receive them in the mail in 7 - 10 days by mail.

Hi

I have same routers at home.

I bought the ac 66u 4 years ago and it was shiped with 1.75 amp adapter.

I bought a ac66 b1 second hand for 2 mounths ago and it was also 1.75 amp adapter.

I guess there is diferant hardware revisions.

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

Hi

I have same routers at home.

I bought the ac 66u 4 years ago and it was shiped with 1.75 amp adapter.

I bought a ac66 b1 second hand for 2 mounths ago and it was also 1.75 amp adapter.

I guess there is diferant hardware revisions.

Men det er forskjellig plugg hvis jeg ikke tar helt feil?

Forskjellig? That word I dont know.

The plug is the same in both routers. I actually used the old one on the B1.

I mostly understand but Im from sweden. ;)

OK. Won't be back in Europe until late April.

Your best bet might be to find a plug that fits and then splice it onto your existing power supply. Another option is to search on Amazon and see if you can find a store that sells a compatible power supply. The 19v makes it an odd duck. As for AMPs makes no difference if it is 1.75 amps or 10 amps. The router will only use what it needs. If the voltage exceeds 19 v the magic smoke will leak out of your router.

If you can't find the supply on Amazon search the web. I have purchased items directly from China and at least in the USA you receive them in the mail in 7 - 10 days by mail.

After 4 years as a certified asus technician i think i know which power supply router uses. Based on images i think i do have one as a spare at work. It's not a common one, but usually gets shipped with cheap 2in1 laptops. I have bought the routers, so hopefully i will have them on wednesday.

Forskjellig? That word I dont know.

The plug is the same in both routers. I actually used the old one on the B1.

I mostly understand but Im from sweden. ;)

Knew it based on you're "signature" :p

But if you used the same adapter, i guess its fine then :)

Hehe.

Sorry but I may have replied to fast.

The none b1 is on the shelf or operational?
Is your only adaper from yor N66?

What are your aimesh master router for a kind?

Hehe.

Sorry but I may have replied to fast.

The none b1 is on the shelf or operational?
Is your only adaper from yor N66?

What are your aimesh master router for a kind?

my n66 is just laying and gathering dust, i do have the power supply for it. The b1 i bought now comes without power supply.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!