What's new

ac66u freeze

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dio123

New Around Here
Goodnight, I have an ac66u router and about 1 year ago, I upgraded the internet service to 500mb down and 100up and exchanged a router for fibergateway (router operator)
I configured router operator for lan 4 bridge mode, and connect port wan ac66u , where I have all the equipment connected
It turns out that I had already noticed that the net blocked for a few seconds, then it came back, but it happened when I used a torrent and I didn't turn it on.

Now I noticed that when downloading iso 6gb and getting youtube 4k at the same time the internet stops hangs moments (10s) and start again . So hard reset and I put the last firmware and it didn't work. Asus recovery on install asus merlin, latest version 380.70 . This time I didn't make settings or activate anything. Just make a transfer of a 5gb file and at the same time put a 4k youtube video and the network goes down, and sometimes it takes a while and the router restarts.

On the operator router I don't have any problems.

Welcome to the forums @dio123.

Running such an old firmware is not a good idea if you want your network as secure as possible.

Look into the @john9527 RMerlin fork instead for an infinitely more secure experience and more than likely better performance too.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!