What's new

AC66U_B1 not working annymore

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rockel83

Occasional Visitor
I'm having a Asus AC66U_B1 at the moment. But it suddenly stopped working.
When turned on, all the lights light up (LAN1,2,3,4/ Wan/ Power) except the 2 WIFI LEDS (WIFI 2,4Ghz / WIFI 5Ghz). This while no cables are attached. So no LAN and no WAN.

They keep constantly burning and do not show anny loading or booting process. To me it looks like the firmware it's not booting annymore. So I was looking for a way to unbrick/ upload the firmware again and I came along this guide so far:
How to use Rescue Mode (Firmware Restoration)? | Official Support | ASUS Global

Which takes the AC68U as an example and mentiones the resque mode. But when I hold down the reset button and power it up, nothing happends. The guide mentions a slowly blinking power LED after this, but in my case all the mentioned LED's keep burning
constantly.

Annyone anny ideas about this?

I would try a hard factory reset first. Power off, hold the WPS button and power on. When the power LED goes off release the WPS button. Access the router at 192.168.50.1

Recovery mode. Power off. Press and hold the reset button between the WAN port and USB2 slot then power on. When the power LED blinks release the reset button. Use the firmware recovery tool to access the router at 192.168.1.1. Make sure you assign a static IP address to your computer such as 192.168.1.100 with subnet 255.255.255.0

I would try a hard factory reset first. Power off, hold the WPS button and power on. When the power LED goes off release the WPS button. Access the router at 192.168.50.1

Recovery mode. Power off. Press and hold the reset button between the WAN port and USB2 slot then power on. When the power LED blinks release the reset button. Use the firmware recovery tool to access the router at 192.168.1.1. Make sure you assign a static IP address to your computer such as 192.168.1.100 with subnet 255.255.255.0
Thanks for your input But it's not working unfortunatelly. It's like a lucky shot when it's about getting into this resque mode.
All these light keep burning. And it only seemed to to work once by accident. But did not had configured my laptop then. But then I first had to clear the NVRAM by holding down the WPS-button and power on the router. And I managed to get it into recovery mode by turning it off, holding down reset and turning it on again.

But now, later this day I can't get it to work again. Guess it's somekind of problem into the hardware then.

Lights keep burning for hours now...

20201222_051905.jpg

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!