1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

AC68U 384.8_2 after OpenVPN set to "Internet Only" the GUI is inaccessible

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by JohnDeere, Jan 16, 2019.

  1. JohnDeere

    JohnDeere New Around Here

    Jan 16, 2019
    Hi there! Please someone help me...

    I set up OpenVPN server on AC68U 384.8_2 successfully and could connect to it using Win 10 OpenVPN client.
    Default setting: "LAN only" - but I found that I could surf on the web and use my LAN folders too... I thought this setting was for restricting web surfing - this is what I really needed, but it did not work.

    I started experiencing and set this setting to "Internet Only" and applied setting. Now I can connect to the server, can surf the web and access LAN resources - BUT I CANNOT access the router GUI anymore...
    I tried through the LAN IP, http:// https://, asuscomm.com ddns but I can't back to GUI.
    However I can SSH into the router, list commands, but I don't know how to roll back to "LAN only" setting...

    My company runs on this router...
    I appreciate every help in advance.
  2. Stardust

    Stardust Occasional Visitor

    Dec 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
  3. JohnDeere

    JohnDeere New Around Here

    Jan 16, 2019
    Thanks for your quick reply. Actually it is very useful for my other issues, good to know. After reading the post, I went back to file explorer, clicked on network, right clicked on AC68U router icon, selected Properties, then on the Network device tab clicked on Device webpage... and voilá: the GUI appeared!
    Maybe the time solved the problem while I was reading the post :)

    However on the other browser tabs it still wouldn't work, so it may have been a browser cache or network cache problem... i don't know.
    So now it is SOLVED!