What's new

AC68U - after flashing to merlin 384.19, can not connect to duckduckgo and some other sites

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jcinwa

New Around Here
hi all
I'm new here, but I did search and read some threads and did not find anything to cover this.
I bought an AC68U last week, and after getting it working on stock firmware, flashed it to 384.19. When I did this, it worked great for about 10 minutes, and then I noticed that some sites were having slow loading and timeout issues. DuckDuckGo in particular wouldn't load at all. Amazon had very slow loading, same with Wikipedia. I'm using Firefox, and it would usually display "Establishing TLS Handshake" when the slow downs happened. Don't know if that is just coincident or relevant.
I tried looking through the settings and logs but didn't find anything, so I flashed it back to the original firmware (386_40558). Everything worked fine after this.
Today, I tried flashing it to merlin 384.19 again, and I'm unable to connect to DuckDuckGo. Amazon and wikipedia look like they are working fine at the moment. Telescopes.com is loading slow with a status message of "Performing TLS handshake to ..." but it does eventually load.
I also tried using Safari and am having the same results. Also tried using my iphone - no problems on cell data, same issues on wifi.
Anybody have an issue like this? Any suggestions for troubleshooting it?

thanks
john

ok, I reset and did the initial setup again, and things look like they are working - ddg is answering now.
Thanks very much for the tip.

You're welcome. Glad it worked. 384.19 is a nice build. Its what I've been using for months. Anxiously awaiting the new 386 build to go Beta.

hi all
I'm new here, but I did search and read some threads and did not find anything to cover this.
I bought an AC68U last week, and after getting it working on stock firmware, flashed it to 384.19. When I did this, it worked great for about 10 minutes, and then I noticed that some sites were having slow loading and timeout issues. DuckDuckGo in particular wouldn't load at all. Amazon had very slow loading, same with Wikipedia. I'm using Firefox, and it would usually display "Establishing TLS Handshake" when the slow downs happened. Don't know if that is just coincident or relevant.
I tried looking through the settings and logs but didn't find anything, so I flashed it back to the original firmware (386_40558). Everything worked fine after this.
Today, I tried flashing it to merlin 384.19 again, and I'm unable to connect to DuckDuckGo. Amazon and wikipedia look like they are working fine at the moment. Telescopes.com is loading slow with a status message of "Performing TLS handshake to ..." but it does eventually load.
I also tried using Safari and am having the same results. Also tried using my iphone - no problems on cell data, same issues on wifi.
Anybody have an issue like this? Any suggestions for troubleshooting it?

thanks
john
Hi,

I have the same problem. Got my AC68U last Saturday and set it up using the firmware that was on it. On Sunday I flashed it to Merlin. At first, everything seemed to work but later that day we had problems. Xbox wasn't working when playing games, iPhones could not connect to the internet, streaming was interrupting all the time. I flashed the original firmware again and everything worked as it should. I'm hesitant to use Merlin again although I really like the feature of downloading the traffic data. This feature was the reason I used it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Michael

Hi,

I have the same problem. Got my AC68U last Saturday and set it up using the firmware that was on it. On Sunday I flashed it to Merlin. At first, everything seemed to work but later that day we had problems. Xbox wasn't working when playing games, iPhones could not connect to the internet, streaming was interrupting all the time. I flashed the original firmware again and everything worked as it should. I'm hesitant to use Merlin again although I really like the feature of downloading the traffic data. This feature was the reason I used it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Michael

Have you read this thread fully? Did you carry out a factory reset after flashing Merlin?

Sorry, I have not read this thread fully. Had I done this, I wouldn't have asked. I will try as suggested.
Thanks,

Michael