What's new

AC68u after latest firmware poor wan to lan

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dudeman33

New Around Here
Hello. After updating to the latest _18 firmware, I could no longer pull my full gigabit wan to lan. It seems to cap out around 620-650. This is with CTF/FA enabled.

I tried reverting to the _15 which was what was on it before, but the same issue persists even after restoring from settings backup which I did before upgrading.

I did a 30/30/30 reset, and I cleared JFFS and nvram after each flash. Any ideas on what might have changed, or what setting I might have missed?

Last edited:
Latest _20 firmware and _15 firmware doesn't mean anything. What are the actual firmware versions?

A 30/30/30 reset doesn't have any effect on Asus routers.

I would suggest flashing 384.19 Beta 2 for your router and follow the last two paragraphs of the link below. :)

You don't need to over-complicate matters. Just one factory reset through the GUI is sufficient.

Well that's what I did after a fresh flash. I did a factory default reset, waited, did a power cycle, and I still can't get more than 2/3 of my wan speed. Had no trouble before the upgrade, and I would have thought that a reversion and reflash to the earlier with the same steps, factory reset, power cycle, and then restoring the settings backup would get me back to where I was, and it didn't. It's behavior is the same as the newer.

That's why I'm here asking questions. And yes, I did make sure the clock speed us set to 1000,800 as well.

I am having similar issue too... May I know what is the "burden" of the router? That is, how many percentage drop would you expect if you connect via router and direct?

I am having similar issue too... May I know what is the "burden" of the router? That is, how many percentage drop would you expect if you connect via router and direct?

If I connect direct to modem, I can pull about 938 down. I could get >900 behind my router prior to this update. Now it seems to hard cap at 650.

Hello. After updating to the latest _18 firmware, I could no longer pull my full gigabit wan to lan. It seems to cap out around 620-650. This is with CTF/FA enabled.

I tried reverting to the _15 which was what was on it before, but the same issue persists even after restoring from settings backup which I did before upgrading.

I did a 30/30/30 reset, and I cleared JFFS and nvram after each flash. Any ideas on what might have changed, or what setting I might have missed?
I have similar to this my AC68U last week connected to modem it is slow sometimes fast and sometimes disconnected for a 5 seconds i have problem for a week i thought firmware problem or settings so i tried changing my router as i have a spare router wrt1200ac but its the same..THEN i bought a new Ethernet Cable Cat7 replace the old and now it works flawlessly.. sometimes you need to change your Ethernet cable if you use to hold the router changing cable inserting/resetting router coz you need to flip the router to reset. sometimes the cable might get damage from opinion and experiences.

But now so far it is really Good Very fast.

Any news of the topic ? In the last 14 days I got a 1000/1000 Internet connection, and had high expecations of this router. On WLAN to LAN I expected 900/900+

I did some testing and I get more or less 750/930.

I tryed same cables and test with a Icotera I4850, and here I get 930/930, so the speed is there, BUT ASUS eat some of the down speed.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!