What's new

Ac68u channels

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sandude

New Around Here
hi there, how can I find what channel is in use on my ac68u for 2.4g and 5g ? They are both set to Auto but I'd like to know what channels are in use so I can compare performance per channel if I change them manually. Thanx in advance /Sandude

Here is a use case for inssider. :)

The problem with Auto is that what inssider shows you now may not be what Auto selects when you notice it being faster or slower the next time as it changes the channel depending on the environment and it's unknown algorithm. ;)

Here is a use case for inssider. :)

The problem with Auto is that what inssider shows you now may not be what Auto selects when you notice it being faster or slower the next time as it changes the channel depending on the environment and it's unknown algorithm. ;)
Yes .. So how do I find out what channel is actually in use, is it static if I set it manually? If I set 2.4 to say channel 6 manually I expect it to stay on ch. 6 .. or does it ? So where where in the menu can I see the channel in use ?

Yes .. So how do I find out what channel is actually in use, is it static if I set it manually? If I set 2.4 to say channel 6 manually I expect it to stay on ch. 6 .. or does it ? So where where in the menu can I see the channel in use ?

Yes if you set the channel manually then it wont change and is probably the best way to do it. Merlin firmware has a wifi icon at the top right you can hover your mouse over and will tell you what channel is in use for each band. Asus stock firmware does not have this feature.

Thanx, Metlin sounds magic to me, I'll give it a whirl .. But are there any other recommonded firmwares ? What is DD-WRT

DD-WRT is a 3rd party firmware that can be installed onto some routers. Its an alternative firmware. Imagine being able to have the same firmware for multiple devices. There are drawbacks though with using DD-WRT and its not exactly user friendly compared to stock firmware.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!