Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

AC68U Core 1 or 2 goes 100% after a couple weeks

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by HiVolt, Jan 17, 2017.

1. john9527

john9527 Part of the Furniture

The jffs partition is used by the router to save some persistent data (sort of like nvram for other large data). It keeps your certs if you use OpenVPN or HTTPS, a copy of the syslog, data related to the clients which have connected (clientlist data), etc.

You can also customize some of the router functions with user written scripts and configs (see the wiki for more info). If you haven't written any of those, it's OK that the 'custom scripts and configs' option is No.

2. HiVolt

HiVolt Occasional Visitor

I see, thanks... I might try this on a light day here at work... maybe on a weekend.

Would having my bandwidth usage tracking to set to NVRAM - 1 per day, be an issue? But I only enabled that in April, and I've had the 100% core issue since getting the router in December, so I would think not.

3. john9527

john9527 Part of the Furniture

Hmm....speculating again. The NVRAM is a rather small space (64K). It could be that there is a bug if the NVRAM gets full and it tries to free up some NVRAM space to save the stats.

I'd recommend you change the save location to 'Custom location' and in the field to specify the location enter /jffs/ and check the radio button to 'Reset or Create data files', then hit the Apply button.