What's new

AC68U DDR Configuration Upgrade Tools

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

is it possible to let users to choose which clock frequency they want to run before they push the button?
for example, under performance turning tab, when we choose LED button behavior to Overclock, and it will also ask us which clock frequency we would love to run, such as: 900, 950, 1000.( maybe 900 or 950 may work for DDR 666 ?)

No - reread the first paragraph of my reply.

Thanks. Now, why isn't the tool working on my ac68u :)

Geops,
I just tried to use the Asus utility to increase the RAM clock speed too, and I got the same error as you. Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I followed the directions exactly. I even tried flashing back to the most recent Asuswrt GPL firmware. My RT-AC68U is hardware rev A1.

Geops,
I just tried to use the Asus utility to increase the RAM clock speed too, and I got the same error as you. Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I followed the directions exactly. I even tried flashing back to the most recent Asuswrt GPL firmware. My RT-AC68U is hardware rev A1.

Yes, I did. It worked from one of my wired PCs. Just try another PC and make sure it's wired.

Geops,

I think it's required that you run at least 374.306 before using the tool.

Yes, I did. It worked from one of my wired PCs. Just try another PC and make sure it's wired.

Considering that tool is going to upgrade your bootloader, you DEFINITELY want to do it wired. Cause if the update fails due to wireless issues, you will quite likely end up with a brick.

Have also problem when I tried this tool. Can't received 2.4 mac. Can it be because I have windows 8.1? I updated firmware before I run config tool.

Whenever you run any upgrade on a router, be it firmware or overclocking, it should ALWAYS be done from a workstation with a LAN connection to the router. You should NEVER attempt an upgrade over a wireless connection. I set a static IP address to the LAN adapter of the workstation from which I perform the upgrade. Also, you are supposed to unplug any USB devices but I forget why.

You do need lan connection for a tool that messes with the bootloader. Simple firmware upgrade doesn't require lan connection. The image is uploaded and the router verifies it before it starts flashing it so there is no risk there.

You do need lan connection for a tool that messes with the bootloader. Simple firmware upgrade doesn't require lan connection. The image is uploaded and the router verifies it before it starts flashing it so there is no risk there.

And if it somehow end up with an incomplete flash, you can easily recover when it's the firmware itself (as it gets loaded by the bootloader). If the CFE/bootloader is toast however, you will end up with a brick.

Thanks geops. I tried the utility again from my laptop instead of the desktop PC and this time it worked fine. Not sure what could have been the problem before.

Hey guys,

Sorry to bump an old thread.

Asus' website says: "WARNING!!! Using this tool only after firmware upgraded to 3.0.0.4.374.339" but there is no .339 firmware on the site. Do I have to be on that firmware, or can I be on a later one?

Thanks.

Hey guys,

Sorry to bump an old thread.

Asus' website says: "WARNING!!! Using this tool only after firmware upgraded to 3.0.0.4.374.339" but there is no .339 firmware on the site. Do I have to be on that firmware, or can I be on a later one?

Thanks.

Probably just a poor choice of words. It should rather read as "after firmware upgraded to 3.0.0.4.374.339 or newer".

Had to downgrade my firmware to 3.0.0.4.374.583, run the configuration tool, then upgrade the firmware to the latest, 3.0.0.4.374.4561. I think the configuration tool is incompatible with the latest firmware.

It took me several tries on my RT-AC68R. I had to reboot my wired client and disable my software firewall in order to get it to work.

mine came brand new with the 16 bootloader and the clocks set to 800/666

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!