What's new

Ac68u disconnecting static wan

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Facsi

Occasional Visitor
Hi. I am having this issue with this router on Merlin.
Before I could not connect to internet even though I was connected. Disabling the internet check from the router "solved" it as it does not redirects me to the router page and I still can access Internet. But the issue of router not detecting internet remains. On status page it shows up 0.0.0.0

Any help to solve this? I have connection but router is working strangely.

This issue lead to this problem:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/asus-web-interface-blocking-access-to-dsl-modem.49362/
Which has half solved by disabling the WAN connection test feature.

Last edited:
On status page it shows up 0.0.0.0
The most likely cause is that there is no connection between the router's WAN port and the modem. In other words the link is "physically" down. Check for a faulty Ethernet cable or damaged Ethernet sockets. But it's more likely to be a problem with your modem.

The most likely cause is that there is no connection between the router's WAN port and the modem. In other words the link is "physically" down. Check for a faulty Ethernet cable or damaged Ethernet sockets. But it's more likely to be a problem with your modem.

I agree with you. But the fact is that even that page showing 0.0.0.0 and asus status page saying DISCONNECTED, I DO HAVE internet access in hosts behind the ac68u.

Strange. What type of WAN connection do you have setup on the router? Automatic, Static, PPPoE, etc?

I was having this issue with automatic. Then I set up to Static to check if it would fix it. But it didnt.

Last edited: