What's new

ac68u unable to flush merlin firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

oohoy

New Around Here
Hello All

i have tmobile version of asus 1900 aka ac68u. I've tried flash merlin firmware without success. I have tried couple releases and i kept getting this error. Im pretty sure i downloaded the right file for the router. current asus firmware version is 3.0.0.4.376_3221. Am i suppose to downgrade asus firmware before attempt with the merlin firmware ?

Firmware upgrade unsuccessfully. It may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again

thanks

That model is NOT supported.

That model is NOT supported.

well damm, thanks for the reply. my asus router is working fine actually. the reason why i wanted to try merlin was because asus 1900 isnt detecting verizon m2100 mobile hotspot router when plugged into usb port of ac 1900 ? it detects, then reloaded on its own then no device found ? my other netgear mr1100 works fine though when plugged into ac1900 usb port

any thoughts ?

No idea, sorry, I never worked with USB hotspots.

You could always give Fresh Tomato a try, I don't know how their USB hotspot support looks like.

Hello All

i have tmobile version of asus 1900 aka ac68u. I've tried flash merlin firmware without success.

Generally talking about the tmobile version is verboten here.

Generally talking about the tmobile version is verboten here.
Nothing wrong in talking about it, as long it does not involve trying to force install an unsupported firmware.

No idea, sorry, I never worked with USB hotspots.

You could always give Fresh Tomato a try, I don't know how their USB hotspot support looks like.
will give it a shot. in the mean time, to get by the m2100 hotspot not being detected by ac1900, i bought glinet router that has built in tether feature. so my setup is m2100 to glinet router via usb to asus 1900 via ethernet cable. everything works fine except one of the android games i play dont connect to game server and myQ garage door android app doesnt connect. Im really puzzled lol.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!