What's new

AC68U - using VPN can't connect device to internet

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DarthOps

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I've set up my RT-AC68U to use WAN DDNS with www.asus.com (as I use a dynamic WAN IP) and also added a VPN user.

I've set up my android phone and can connect to my network fine. I can see the router home page when I enter it's IP.

The problem I seem to be having is that my phone can't access the internet while connected through VPN. Is there something I have missed? I would have thought that it would just pass through the router as any normal machine inside the network would!

Thanks

FYI

I sorted it, it was due to missing configuration settings on the android device.

I had to add

DNS Search Domain = router IP

Hope that helps others who encounter the same issue.

Hi,

I've set up my RT-AC68U to use WAN DDNS with www.asus.com (as I use a dynamic WAN IP) and also added a VPN user.

I've set up my android phone and can connect to my network fine. I can see the router home page when I enter it's IP.

The problem I seem to be having is that my phone can't access the internet while connected through VPN. Is there something I have missed? I would have thought that it would just pass through the router as any normal machine inside the network would!

Thanks

Might be there is some configuration issue in your router or mobile check http://www.trustedreviews.com/asus-rt-ac68u-802-11ac-router_Peripheral_photos_5 hope it will help to solve this.. What VPN service do you use?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!