What's new

AC86U - Doesn't like wired devices

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Draken

Occasional Visitor
After been a bit unsuccessful/unlucky with the 88U I returned it for a 86U. The installation went smoother but I have a pretty annoying issue with the wired devices.

I have a 86U acting as the main router and a 68U connected as an AiMesh Node (no hard wire).

The 68U node serves two desktop PC (connected via powerline) and a few other wired devices.

The main router itself serves a couple of RaspberryPis, an android box and a TV (all connected through LAN).

The two desktop PCs connected on the 68U seem to be OK but none of the other devices connected via LAN seem to see the outside world. Some of the devices are actually connected directly to the LAN ports of the 86U and still they cannot see any WAN and are only accessible through my internal network.

Any ideas on what I can try.

After been a bit unsuccessful/unlucky with the 88U I returned it for a 86U. The installation went smoother but I have a pretty annoying issue with the wired devices.

I have a 86U acting as the main router and a 68U connected as an AiMesh Node (no hard wire).

The 68U node serves two desktop PC (connected via powerline) and a few other wired devices.

The main router itself serves a couple of RaspberryPis, an android box and a TV (all connected through LAN).

The two desktop PCs connected on the 68U seem to be OK but none of the other devices connected via LAN seem to see the outside world. Some of the devices are actually connected directly to the LAN ports of the 86U and still they cannot see any WAN and are only accessible through my internal network.

Any ideas on what I can try.

Why did you add the 68U node if clients wired to the router are not working correctly? I would step through the install again and only proceed when successful. Maybe the 88U install did not fail on bad luck.

My 86U install notes (using stock firmware) might help.

OE

Thanks for the reply. All has been resolved. It had to do with the local DNS I am using. The process was not as straight forward as I would have thought.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!