What's new

AC86U EU AC Adapter

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

m1nkeh

Occasional Visitor
Hey,

I have an AC86U that I bought over from the UK to Europe a few years ago and would like to replace the adapter with an EU model.

Could someone that has one (with the two-prong EU plug) please give me some clues on the search terms in order to locate one? What does it say on yours?

I can see AD891M21 on the adapter itself, but using this as a search term doesn't really give me much as it seems to be a general 19V 1.75A affair

Failing that I guess I'll call ASUS tomorrow

Thanks in advance!

Hey,

I have an AC86U that I bought over from the UK to Europe a few years ago and would like to replace the adapter with an EU model.

Could someone that has one (with the two-prong EU plug) please give me some clues on the search terms in order to locate one? What does it say on yours?

I can see AD891M21 on the adapter itself, but using this as a search term doesn't really give me much as it seems to be a general 19V 1.75A affair

Thanks in advance!
Look at the input specs for the adaptor -- most of them already accept 240VAC so you would only need to change the plug or use a physical plug adaptor.

Look at the input specs for the adaptor -- most of them already accept 240VAC so you would only need to change the plug or use a physical plug adaptor.
^ This.

The UK power adapters are multi-voltage and can be used worldwide. Only the mains plug is different.

I probably should have explained, sorry, but the AC adapter is frayed and I wanted to replace it with one that didn't need an adapter any longer :)

Hey,

Thanks in advance!

You have to follow this Condition.
1. 19V.
2. 1.75A or Above.

Solution.
1. https://www.aliexpress.com/i/3256801170647821.html?gatewayAdapt=4itemAdapt
2. https://www.amazon.de/s?k=uk+to+eu+plug&crid=2XR8SOBPVX5HH&sprefix=uk+to+eu+plug,aps,324&ref=nb_sb_noss_1
3. Buy an ASUS laptop EU adapter. 19V. 1.75 or above. You have to make it sure. Because there are a lot of fake Chinese ASUS adapters.
4. Buy a 3rd party adapter.
5. Buy a new router.

I saw that one on AliExpress... is it legit?

Never ordered anything from Ali before... isn't it all just knock-off stuff? :D

Edit: Considering option #5 tbh

ASUS laptop adapters have same diameter. 3rd party adapters which support certain routers have same diameter too.
Agreed. But still check -- some older ASUS routers used a skinnier plug. And my ASUS laptop supply wouldn't help at all -- it's a USB-C.

You're fine with the adapter you have...

Agreed. But still check -- some older ASUS routers used a skinnier plug. And my ASUS laptop supply wouldn't help at all -- it's a USB-C.
Because many manufacturers are using USB PD adapters these days. The cable is not that flexible. I feel so strange every time I use it.:eek: And mine shares Thunderbolt, USB and PD with same ports. I hate it.:mad: