What's new

ntpMerlin AC86U Missing Tabs in ntpMerlin and vnStat

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

truglodite

Regular Contributor
I've been using ntpMerlin (and vnstat) for a while on my ac86u, and have had issues with the webui not displaying correctly. All of the tabs are gone, like this for ntpMerlin...

routerNtpMerlin.png

and this for vnstat...

routerDnVnstat.png

Everything else seems to be running smoothly (diversion, skynet, etc...) after I did a clean reinstall of everything recently, dealing with other more major issues from the latest firmware update. However this graphical error happened again after the wipe/reinstall. If I click the text "conmon" the webui appears normally again, including the left column of buttons. I don't seem to have any weirdness in the logs anywhere on the router. I even tried clearing my chrome browser cache. Normally I'd look the other way, but it was a fresh install so not sure if there is a known issue, if my hardware may have problems, or if my browser is somehow misconfigured. Any thoughts/feedback appreciated.

[edit: Hmm... actually it seems like this is happening randomly on any page of the webui. Also, if I refresh my browser several times, it sometimes goes back to normal.]

Last edited:
Did you try using a different browser, like firefox, edge, etc? Pretty weird, especially after clearing cache?

I've been using ntpMerlin (and vnstat) for a while on my ac86u, and have had issues with the webui not displaying correctly. All of the tabs are gone, like this for ntpMerlin...

View attachment 39183

and this for vnstat...

View attachment 39182

Everything else seems to be running smoothly (diversion, skynet, etc...) after I did a clean reinstall of everything recently, dealing with other more major issues from the latest firmware update. However this graphical error happened again after the wipe/reinstall. If I click the text "conmon" the webui appears normally again, including the left column of buttons. I don't seem to have any weirdness in the logs anywhere on the router. I even tried clearing my chrome browser cache. Normally I'd look the other way, but it was a fresh install so not sure if there is a known issue, if my hardware may have problems, or if my browser is somehow misconfigured. Any thoughts/feedback appreciated.
Maybe try configuring the router so you log in using http, rather than https?

It happens to me too only in Vivaldi. On all other is working fain always.
In Vivaldi, after some Ctrl+F5 works too.

In my case I confirm it was browser related.