What's new

Some addons for WebUI disappeared after every reboot

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jklim

New Around Here
Hello All,

Sorry, I've posted so many queries/questions these days.
To get to the point, According to the subject, I've been experiencing this issue every reboot time. I checked an addons state via ssh terminal and seems like the below capture image, indicates the message as "WebUI page not found" on each addons.
1670330296227.jpeg
1670330339820.jpeg

Also, I connected to the Asus route web console and there is no list of the above addons(ntpmerlin, vnstat) in the left menu. Strangely, except scMerlin addons.
1670330603140.jpeg

In addition, under the scMerlin screen, there is no list on WebUI Addons section too, such as userX.asp.
1670330856047.jpeg

I found the only workaround for this issue is to uninstall/install addons again, not a uf(force update). However, this job is very annoyed and frustrating after every reboot.

If you experienced this kind of issue and resolved this, please let me know or advise how to do.

Thanks in advance,
JK Lim.

There is an addon forum where this could have been posted, probably yielding better results. I've tagged the authors of the scripts you have problems with in the above post. With any luck they will contact you when they have time.

I had nothing but problems with scMerlin, especially when it came to the ui (messing up the left side menu was just the least of it). Had these problems every time I installed it so since my complete amtm rebuild I've gone without it. AX88U (388.1).

I had nothing but problems with scMerlin, especially when it came to the ui (messing up the left side menu was just the least of it). Had these problems every time I installed it so since my complete amtm rebuild I've gone without it. AX88U (388.1).
"Messing up the left side menu" can be resolved by simply clearing browser cache.

"Messing up the left side menu" can be resolved by simply clearing browser cache.
Tried that, it never worked. Different browser on different systems showed the same, a load of add-ons that weren't even installed listed over the top and past the bottom of the menu.

Ignore that. I didn't realise that chrome plugins could affect edge too. Sorted - sorry for distracting!
Could the OP's usb storage be on the decline?

Last edited:
My advice would be to check syslog. I believe I included logging that would spit out errors when mounting the WebUI would fail. May provide clues as to what else the router is doing when it fails

Hello All,
I tried to test reboot to check what happen.
I found the below message from the system log.

--------------
Dec 7 21:43:05 dn-vnstat: /tmp/mnt/ENTWARE does not contain Entware, not starting dn-vnstat
Dec 7 21:43:05 ntpMerlin: /tmp/mnt/ENTWARE does not contain Entware, not starting ntpMerlin
--------------

So, I had check Entware package as the below capture image.
1670417910782.jpeg

I don't know why that kind of message occurred even though already installed the Entware.

Please give me hint....

Thanks in advance,
JK Lim.

Last edited:
I found some workaround in each service shell

I had modified the below line

From
Code:
Menu_Startup(){
        if [ -z "$1" ]; then
                Print_Output true "Missing argument for startup, not starting $SCRIPT_NAME" "$WARN"
                exit 1
        elif [ "$1" != "force" ]; then
                if [ ! -f "$1/entware/bin/opkg" ]; then
                        Print_Output true "$1 does not contain Entware, not starting $SCRIPT_NAME" "$WARN"
                        exit 1
                else
                        Print_Output true "$1 contains Entware, starting $SCRIPT_NAME" "$WARN"
                fi
        fi

To
Code:
Menu_Startup(){
        if [ -z "$1" ]; then
                Print_Output true "Missing argument for startup, not starting $SCRIPT_NAME" "$WARN"
                exit 1
        elif [ "$1" != "force" ]; then
                if [ ! -f /opt/bin/opkg ]; then
                        Print_Output true "$1 does not contain Entware, not starting $SCRIPT_NAME" "$WARN"
                        exit 1
                else
                        Print_Output true "$1 contains Entware, starting $SCRIPT_NAME" "$WARN"
                fi
        fi

I don't know what $1 argument from. However, I changed the static path for opkg binary and it works

Please check this and update the original binary on GitHub, if it is reasonable. BTW, the scMerlin's init script included static path. Therefore, no affected this issue.

Thanks in advance,
JK Lim.