What's new

AC86U- OpenVPN No longer policy routing , after update?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ryancope123

Occasional Visitor
Hi guys,

Firmware Version:384.13_beta1-g73181bd3ae

I have been running Asus Merlin for a long time on my AC86U with no issues, i run a OPENVPN with selected policy routing and by default i had all traffic set to go through the vpn as below.

VPN 192.168.1.0/24 and 0.0.0.0 and VPN

I did an update by accident which looks to have wiped out all my settings, now when i redo the VPN i can get it to connect to the VPN and get it running through 1 client etc perfectly.

I cannot, however, get it to allow me to do all the traffic routing back through the VPN again, it simply apply's and then I can no longer access the router at all and have zero internet access, I have to do a force restart each time.

If I don't add this 1 rule in ( 192.168.1.0/24 and 0.0.0.0 VPN) , it works effortlessly, but I need this in again - not sure what's changed in my settings somewhere, Subnet Mask under WAN is 255.255.255.0.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, i am not the best with networking.

I had to change the ipv6 to native to get the VPN to reconnect, something i had seen on earlier posts, i don't think this has anything to do with it though.

I have rolled back to 384.13
No, you have updated to the current release from an older beta version. Beta versions are for testing and precede release versions.

Is there an issue with the latest BETA?
The embedded hyperlink in your original post showed that your LAN subnet was 192.168.5.x whereas your policy rules say 192.168.1.x. Your second post now shows your LAN subnet to be back on 192.168.1.x.

No, you have updated to the current release from an older beta version. Beta versions are for testing and precede release versions.

The embedded hyperlink in your original post showed that your LAN subnet was 192.168.5.x whereas your policy rules say 192.168.1.x. Your second post now shows your LAN subnet to be back on 192.168.1.x.

Hi there,

Yes so before updating i dropped back the lan subnet to .1 from .5 as the change to .5 didn;t do anything.

I must have had a corrupt flash - all is working again now :)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!