What's new

Ac86u reset or go to 386 from merlin 384

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Old router , 2.4 band would drop out. Everything got kicked off. All 3 ssid for the band would be gone. This one was dropping as well, might have been channel hopping, set to 6 20mhz now.
Doubt very much it's router , since both seem similar.

I suspect I have a device that's getting wonky... since the old router was rock solid, for many years..

Removed a couple things today, just testing, not expecting much, just checked logs for the last few hours, they look much quieter... might be on to something...

Last edited:
Read below. Applies for other IoT devices as well:

Found the setting, it's set to none. DNS Privacy Protocol

Old router , 2.4 band would drop out. Everything got kicked off. All 3 ssid for the band would be gone. This one was dropping as well, might have been channel hopping, set to 6 20mhz now.
Doubt very much it's router , since both seem similar.

I suspect I have a device that's getting wonky... since the old router was rock solid, for many years..

Removed a couple things today, just testing, not expecting much, just checked logs for the last few hours, they look much quieter... might be on to something...

You don't happen to be using a USB3 device? That can cause issues on 2.4Ghz even on routers with the improved shielding around the ports. Strong bluetooth nearby can interfere but usually it is the other way around, wifi interferes with BT usually.

It won't channel hop, picks a channel each time the wifi comes up and sticks to it until next time it bounces. I think some of the AX routers let you request a pereodic rescan but if you don't have that enabled, it won't happen.

This may be a case of factory reset now and start with minimal config and add stuff in gradually.

well, i removed 2 things from my environment and it seems to have fixed it. my logs were super boring this morning, everything had a good night.
had 2 items, one was a jura Bluetooth smart connect, not sure if that could or could cause issues. but easy to remove.
the second is a strange one, it was a kasa ep25 plug, it was 1 of 4 i purchased, so using 2. one was right next to the router, but always functioned well. This one would need a power cycle to rejoin the network, so I sort of looked at it a bit side eyed, like hmm... i used it to check power consumption of a new espresso maker in power save standby, so more for data gathering, vs control.
not could or should either of these do anything?? probably not. but my logs were crazy, hundreds of back and forth join kick join kick, for many things, cameras, tv, stuff that hadn't changed. I have 2 other of the 4 pack, I could try one of them, to confirm this one was bad. the rejoining issues seemed odd, and it was the only thing. they are just a couple weeks old at the most.

makes sense on the channel hop, thanks.

i would see hundreds of wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event events over and over and over, cleared the log last night like 8pm, i only see 1 from like 6am this morning, the 3 parts, and did not repeat. it was when I powered on the washer, to check the wifi light. also, all my cameras are still online, like they had been for many months and years till recently.

amazing if it was just 1 plug like that causing all sorts of issues, time will tell.
thanks so much for your time again, everyone.

Last edited:
well, i removed 2 things from my environment and it seems to have fixed it. my logs were super boring this morning, everything had a good night.
had 2 items, one was a jura Bluetooth smart connect, not sure if that could or could cause issues. but easy to remove.
the second is a strange one, it was a kasa ep25 plug, it was 1 of 4 i purchased, so using 2. one was right next to the router, but always functioned well. This one would need a power cycle to rejoin the network, so I sort of looked at it a bit side eyed, like hmm... i used it to check power consumption of a new espresso maker in power save standby, so more for data gathering, vs control.
not could or should either of these do anything?? probably not. but my logs were crazy, hundreds of back and forth join kick join kick, for many things, cameras, tv, stuff that hadn't changed. I have 2 other of the 4 pack, I could try one of them, to confirm this one was bad. the rejoining issues seemed odd, and it was the only thing. they are just a couple weeks old at the most.

makes sense on the channel hop, thanks.

i would see hundreds of wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event events over and over and over, cleared the log last night like 8pm, i only see 1 from like 6am this morning, the 3 parts, and did not repeat. it was when I powered on the washer, to check the wifi light. also, all my cameras are still online, like they had been for many months and years till recently.

amazing if it was just 1 plug like that causing all sorts of issues, time will tell.
thanks so much for your time again, everyone.

The Bluetooth seems more likely since it shares the same 2.4ghz frequency band. But I suppose if the plug was really acting up it could have done it, sort of DOS attack on your wifi.

Try plugging each one in one at a time and see which causes problems.

Could be the Bluetooth made the plug not connect, vs a defective or wonky plug... But the light on the Bluetooth is only on when the Jura machine is on... I assumed the Bluetooth was powered down, possibly not..
Easy enough to check....
I'll enjoy a few days of calm and quiet logs, then try one or the other....

Could be the Bluetooth made the plug not connect, vs a defective or wonky plug... But the light on the Bluetooth is only on when the Jura machine is on... I assumed the Bluetooth was powered down, possibly not..
Easy enough to check....
I'll enjoy a few days of calm and quiet logs, then try one or the other....

Bear in mind it can be any bluetooth device, even if it is just pereodically scanning for nearby devices.

You can try toying with the "bluetooth coexistence" under advanced wifi settings on 2.4ghz, may or may not help.

so far logs still quiet, printer got a new code about every hour for a few hours last night, rebooted the printer before bed, all quiet after that..
jura Bluetooth connect, and that one plug still on the counter. :)

well, living reckless... I reinstalled the kp25 plug in the same location, to see how it does. :D
I have not tried the Bluetooth connector yet.
cameras and everything have been perfect. I'll keep an eye on the logs. they have been so quiet since removing those 2 devices. :)
(I have till the end of jan to return the bluetooth, so tons of time)