What's new

AC86U USB question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Alfred E. Neuman

Occasional Visitor
I would like to create simple file sharing on my home network using the USB port of my AC86U. Looking at some of the online videos is kind of confusing. I just want to be able to access files stored on a USB flash drive from a couple of computers on my network. No need for remote access, and preferably not using cloud storage. If this is possible which mode do I use on the router's USB configuration page?

Thank you. I had not found that info but I will read over it. All computers on the network are Win 10.

I noticed the first benefit listed was "Toward USB Application, you can share files in the USB disk through the Internet." Could I structure this to only be able to access the files on my LAN vs. having to do a type of remote access actually using the internet?

For security I have a tunnel VPN set up primarily for an IP camera system, so remote access is not out of the question, I just have no need for it. I just want to do file sharing locally. As you can see, I'm clueless about most of this.

By default the Samba shares are only accessible on the local network. To make them accessible from the internet you have to enable AiCloud/Smart Access.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!