What's new

Ac87u Pía VPN settings and speed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Flybird

Occasional Visitor
hi guys ,

I am trying to help for my Ac87u asus router so I am trying to install PIA VPN on my router so after doing all steps as Pía website it’s not connecting I have original firmware not Merlín any help ??then I would like to know best router set up for router I just bought this router a days ago which wifi and lan option should be on etc.thanks

hi guys ,

I am trying to help for my Ac87u asus router so I am trying to install PIA VPN on my router so after doing all steps as Pía website it’s not connecting I have original firmware not Merlín any help ??then I would like to know best router set up for router I just bought this router a days ago which wifi and lan option should be on etc.thanks

The baseline configuration in my notes might interest you. There's not much to it... and nothing VPN-related.

OE

The baseline configuration in my notes might interest you. There's not much to it... and nothing VPN-related.

OE
thanks so much for reply info is helpful. can i have question is worth to install merlin app on asus router is it improve speed and more options ?
thanks

thanks so much for reply info is helpful. can i have question is worth to install merlin app on asus router is it improve speed and more options ?
thanks

I have not used Merlin firmware. I believe it adds/enhances features but I'm not sure it improves overall speed. See the Merlin website for details.

My advice is that if you have a specific need for Merlin, then consider it. But if you want to try ASUS AiMesh for improving WiFi coverage, know that Merlin does not yet support AiMesh.

OE

Thanks mate ok will try to get AiMesh but what is AiMesh is that is available on my router how I can get that ?thanks

Thanks mate ok will try to get AiMesh but what is AiMesh is that is available on my router how I can get that ?thanks

I see AiMesh is not supported on your 87U... so never mind that for now.

ASUS is adding AiMesh to its router firmware to allow their routers to be interconnected to form a WiFi system for centralized management, extended WiFi coverage, full speed wireless backhauls, and improved single SSID roaming, without giving up the usual ASUS router features.

OE

ASUS is adding AiMesh to its router firmware to allow their routers to be interconnected to form a WiFi system for centralized management, extended WiFi coverage, full speed wireless backhauls, and improved single SSID roaming, without giving up the usual ASUS router features.

OE
O

OE

Thansk mate well but what you say about this router is good I just bought 1 week ago it’s good router any good set up advice for this router or instructions please

Thanks for this I am having problem with 5g connection many times it dropped automatically and disconnected and then have to reconnect again any idea why ? Thanks

Could be many reasons. You'll need to narrow down the symptoms. Install an app like WiFi Analyzer to observe the router signal... is it stable, powerful enough, and not competing with other ambient WiFi. Then consider the wireless client... does it work well on other 5G WiFi. etc.

OE

It works better on my isp router without issue so I don’t understand sometimes why it cutting desconnectung on asus router then Wps button when I push it on for some seconds then goes off is that normal ? Thanks so much

It works better on my isp router without issue so I don’t understand sometimes why it cutting desconnectung on asus router then Wps button when I push it on for some seconds then goes off is that normal ? Thanks so much

Sorry, I never use WPS. I simply configure wireless client connections manually according to the router WLAN setup.

What sort of client are you trying to connect to 5 GHz. Does it also disconnect from the ISP router WiFi? Is the ISP router WiFi interfering with the ASUS router WiFi?

OE

Thanks again regarding 5g desconecction I don’t know what it disconnected sometime automatically it happen to my iPhone but never had issue when I connect isp router -then your second question about interfering between isp router and asus might be there is something interfering so how I can figure that out or need to do any setting changes in any routers I Mean isp or asus router thanks

Thanks again regarding 5g desconecction I don’t know what it disconnected sometime automatically it happen to my iPhone but never had issue when I connect isp router -then your second question about interfering between isp router and asus might be there is something interfering so how I can figure that out or need to do any setting changes in any routers I Mean isp or asus router thanks

You can login and inspect the device WiFi settings to see if they are set to the same channel, etc. And you can install an app that shows your ambient WiFi signals to see if they 'overlap' and have similar power levels at the point you use them.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/ac87u-pia-vpn-settings-and-speed.54014/#post-456542

OE

You mean connect and see in router setting under which Chanel’s can you tell me please where can see which Chanel’s are wifi network

You mean connect and see in router setting under which Chanel’s can you tell me please where can see which Chanel’s are wifi network

Login to your routers and check their wireless settings.

Do you have an Android device?

OE

No I don’t have android phone only iPhone and have nvidia shield android box tv
and you dont have any laptop/PC or friends/neighbours who could do it for you?
Iphone got such Wifi-analyzer apps too.

Oh yes I have Pc laptop both I mean under which setting should go wifi on router settings and where can see which Chanel’s there sorry being awkward