What's new

AC87U to AX58U(AX3000) Script Questions

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

WifiGhost

Regular Contributor
With the great help of the people on this forum, I got custom scripts built to setup VLANs and assign them to specific ports and WiFi networks. The scripts use the following commands to complete the tasks:

brctl
nvram
eapd
robocfg
vconfig
ifconfig

What will I need to change if anything to get my bridge, service-event-end, and services-start bash scripts working when I get my AX58U(AX3000)? I am hoping I can drop my 3 bash scripts into the JFFS folder after getting Asus-merlin installed, reboot and all will work, wishful thinking, but I figure I should ask beforehand to make the needed mods so I am ready to start testing when I get my new router.

I know on my 87U I cannot use or assign LAN port 1 due to the hardware so hoping anyone can post about any info like not being able to assign/use certain LAN ports on the AX3000 so I know what to avoid and other quarks they know of when using ASUS Merlin on the AX3000. Thanks for your help in advance, appreciate it!

Last edited:
Hi,
could you pls elaborate on this ?
thx,
GS
Can I take the scripts I use now on my 87U and upload them to what will be my new hardware the AX3000 and just have it work? The port 1 issues I mentioned regarding my 87U is I cannot use or do anything with port 1 do to the internal chips and how it was designed. On the AX3000 can I use any of the LAN ports without issue? Please let me know if you need more clarification.

Can I take the scripts I use now on my 87U and upload them to what will be my new hardware the AX3000 and just have it work? The port 1 issues I mentioned regarding my 87U is I cannot use or do anything with port 1 do to the internal chips and how it was designed. On the AX3000 can I use any of the LAN ports without issue? Please let me know if you need more clarification.

Thanks. I must admit I still do not get it, sorry. What is so specific to LAN port 1 compared to others, and how does it relate to scripting ? this is the part I do not get.
Rgds

Thanks. I must admit I still do not get it, sorry. What is so specific to LAN port 1 compared to others, and how does it relate to scripting ? this is the part I do not get.
Rgds
I mentioned the quark I learned about when creating my current scripts which was due to the chips in the 87U you could not assign or use port 1 for anything and to leave it alone, LAN ports 2-4 were open to use/assign so I was wondering if the AX3000 had anything like that quark or any other quarks to know about before I upgrade. My main concern is if I can take my scripts from my 87U and have it work on the AX3000 without making any changes and if not, what changes do I need to make to have my 87U scripts work on the AX3000.

You will have a hard time getting VLAN's to work on any HND router, the necessary tools are undocumented and not user friendly as robocfg is no longer present.

You will have a hard time getting VLAN's to work on any HND router, the necessary tools are undocumented and not user friendly as robocfg is no longer present.

What it says is what I am doing now, I hardly use the Web GUI and do everything over SSH and have 3 scripts that complete the needed tasks for bridges and VLANs as well as VLAN port and wifi network assignments on my 87U with ASUS-Merlin 384.13_10 and everything is working perfectly. So what I am getting per your reply is I will need to figure out how to adjust my scripts to not use robocfg to complete the needed tasks. Thanks to a few people on hear I was able to create the exact scripts I hoped for so I will reach out to people using an AX3000 with Asus-Merlin 384.17_0 - 384.19_0 and see how they are getting that part done. I do not plan to upgrade right away as I found the hardware I would like to upgrade to after some research and asking around so now I want to learn about the AX3000 and be prepared as much as possible for when I run into issues.

Last edited: