What's new

AC88U 5GHz network disappears when 6in4 tunnel is up

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jeden

Regular Contributor
I had an AC86U whose 5 GHz vanished from time to time. I understood it was a hardware problem so I returned it. In its place, I got an AC88U. I haven't had any problem with it until recently: I set up a 6in4 tunnel and I started to see the same thing happen. I disabled the 6in4 tunnel for weeks and it never happened again. Then I enabled the tunnel again and the 5 GHz network disappears (with a kernel backtrace in the system log) and I have to reboot the router.

I want to know if this could be a firmware bug or a hardware problem, i.e., should I call Asus?

I want to know if this could be a firmware bug or a hardware problem, i.e., should I call Asus?
Before calling Asus you would need to flash your router with the current stock firmware (followed by a factory reset of course) and verify that the fault still exists.