What's new

AC88U bandwith limiter doesn't limit upload speed.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

krgck

Regular Contributor
Question is pretty much on title. Running latest stable firmware. Now when everyone is at home 24x7 I need to limit speeds, so everyone gets their own share.

I haven't tried does it work on wired clients, but most of our family devices are wireless so it is more important.

What is your ISP, paid for, speeds?

What limits are you trying to impose on each device?

Your title says it doesn't work, but your post says you haven't tried it? o_O

How many is 'everyone' and what devices do they use, and what specific firmware are you actually running? :)

What is your ISP, paid for, speeds?

What limits are you trying to impose on each device?

Your title says it doesn't work, but your post says you haven't tried it? o_O

How many is 'everyone' and what devices do they use, and what specific firmware are you actually running? :)

Finnish ISP, DNA. 100/50

And i've setup 6 different wireless clients (ipads iphones etc) use max 20D/10U. These clients are heavy on different video streaming services during the day and eat bandwidth like crazy.

When wrote this post, i meant that didn't try wired clients. But I tried it now and bandwidth limiter does work on wired as intended. Wireless side of things upload limiter wont work.

As for firmware 384.16

Sorry if my london isn't finest :rolleyes:

Finnish ISP, DNA. 100/50

And i've setup 6 different wireless clients (ipads iphones etc) use max 20D/10U. These clients are heavy on different video streaming services during the day and eat bandwidth like crazy.

When wrote this post, i meant that didn't try wired clients. But I tried it now and bandwidth limiter does work on wired as intended. Wireless side of things upload limiter wont work.

As for firmware 384.16

Sorry if my london isn't finest :rolleyes:

Why not use FreshJR adaptive QOS? It prioritizes data much more properly so regardless of how hard 50 people are doing thigs... Noone can tell :)

You put stuff ike downloads and streaming at the bottom priority so when u go to open a webpage or log into work or make a webchat call its snappy smooth because qos makes sure it gets thru over the downloads and streaming which isn't sensitive at all

No need to apologize, just more details were needed.

Agree with @Sinner, I would also suggest you try the FreshJR QOS script and make sure you set it up with Adaptive QoS at the recommended defaults. More than likely, nothing else will be needed to enjoy the benefits it offers. :)

No need to apologize, just more details were needed.

Agree with @Sinner, I would also suggest you try the FreshJR QOS script and make sure you set it up with Adaptive QoS at the recommended defaults. More than likely, nothing else will be needed to enjoy the benefits it offers. :)
He’s trying to limit only a few devices to 20/10 using bandwidth limited not traditional or adaptive qos.

he’s experiencing the same issue I do with upload limiter not working .

however it does work as long as you are not using a vpn tunnel on the router - that is still not fixed.

He’s trying to limit only a few devices to 20/10 using bandwidth limited not traditional or adaptive qos.

he’s experiencing the same issue I do with upload limiter not working .

however it does work as long as you are not using a vpn tunnel on the router - that is still not fixed.
Yeh I realize what hes trying todo but the question is why? Lag? studdering? using too much data daily? If its option 1 or 2 adaptive will 100% do the job. If its mianly just to choke out a couple devices so ultimately use less total data per day then maybe bandwidth limiter would be better.

For me there was an issue with all QoS options if i ever made changes....this included Fresh's script.
Done a clean flash but problem persisted.
So don't use it anymore.