What's new

AC88U CPU Load Maxed Out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

micjgam

New Around Here
Looks like this is rearing it's ugly head again... just had a CPU spike on an AC88U running 386.12. Was not able to get to SSH and 'top' quick enough before the spike disappeared. I'm in now and all seems normal.

I'm running multiple devices on 2.4 and 5G and earlier today, my 5G dropped to nil in an adjacent room. I had to switch devices there to 2.4. It hasn't been back to normal since. This after months of no issues.

Thoughts anyone?

Looks like this is rearing it's ugly head again... just had a CPU spike on an AC88U running 386.12. Was not able to get to SSH and 'top' quick enough before the spike disappeared. I'm in now and all seems normal.

I'm running multiple devices on 2.4 and 5G and earlier today, my 5G dropped to nil in an adjacent room. I had to switch devices there to 2.4. It hasn't been back to normal since. This after months of no issues.

Thoughts anyone?

Got the culprit as it happened again... process is ksoftirqd/0. I have a NAS running lacp with a heavy workload coming from Adobe suite. Somehow, I think this is not the router that I will be using long term.

Still does not answer why my 5G dropped out of thin air...

Running an old and EOL main router isn't a secure option.

Are you using all 8 ports on the router? Maybe, using a switch (and only ports 1-4) will give you a better experience.

Using ports 5-8 on this model is a known issue for random glitches.

Yeah... I had heard it was EOL. I am only using ports 1-4, with 1 & 2 being aggregated. I have a switch in my other network 1.5 hours down the road and recognize that the issue is probably the router. I plan to put this one to pasture once all my network gear is in one place and maybe use it as a standalone VPN server that can be cut on and off as needed.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!