What's new

AC88U Port forwarding problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gunshy

New Around Here
Good morning,

I have an Asus AC88U, I installed the WRT merlin 386.11 firmware, I didn't know WRT merlin yet. I put a static Ip in the DHCP for my PC and I did my port forwarding for my games.

It works very well, I'm going to play a few games, no problem the next day, I return to play, the connection in game is disastrous, slowness, slowdown, lag, it's unplayable, I don't recognize the connection.

I delete all the port rules, I restart my port rules, it works again a few parts the next day, it does the same thing to me. I tried with open nat same. I have the impression that I can create the port forwarding rules but as if they no longer have an effect as if I had not opened any ports.

I am in France, I have a Freebox delta and I put the AC88U behind the ISP modem. However I put a static Ip in AC88U and put in the DMZ. On the AC88U, I explained above static ip to my PC and port forwardings unless I did something wrong?

Sorry I go through google translate, it may be that the translation is not very good.

Cordially.

Welcome to the forums @Gunshy.

Why are you putting the router in the DMZ? Why are you forwarding ports?

Do your games not run otherwise?

Good morning,

I put the AC88U, behind my ISP's modem, that's why I put a DMZ to the AC88U. I tried open NAT, to redirect ports and on Apex Legends it's unplayable I have packet loss I lag so much that I can't play. I opened my ports via port forwarding, manual and the packet loss and lag problem disappeared I can play. I have the impression that Open NAT makes me take a clogged route or the loss of packet lags that I don't have with port forwarding ?

Since Open NAT is a problem for me, for Apex Legends can I open ports for Apex Legends via port forwarding and open ports via Open NAT for other games to see if Open NAT optimizes the route for other games ?

Port forwarding open ports > Apex Legends
Open NAT > open ports other games Example > COD, Battlefied, Rainbow Six siege etc... ?

Sorry I go through google translate, it may be that the translation is not good.