What's new

ac88u to ax88u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bok

New Around Here
Thinking of upgrading to AX88u from AC88u, is it possible to import the settings? too many configs to mess with.

Thanks and Stay Safe

You can do it.

You shouldn't though if stability, performance, and security are important to you.

The best thing about a new router is the fresh start it offers. Don't 'blindly' assume what you have working now will continue to work on the latest models (and that's a good thing most of the time, there are usually better ways to skin the same cat with a new router).

Best Practice Update/Setup Router/AiMesh Node(s) 2021

You can do it.

You shouldn't though if stability, performance, and security are important to you.

The best thing about a new router is the fresh start it offers. Don't 'blindly' assume what you have working now will continue to work on the latest models (and that's a good thing most of the time, there are usually better ways to skin the same cat with a new router).

Best Practice Update/Setup Router/AiMesh Node(s) 2021
Thanks for the reply and the link, Ive got a few wifi wall smart switches that I am dreading to reconfigure

Thanks for the reply and the link, Ive got a few wifi wall smart switches that I am dreading to reconfigure
You can use the same SSID and passwords for the new router so you don't have to reconfigure any of you wireless devices.

Using new SSID's is suggested when moving from an AC to an AX router (or an N to an AC, etc.).

Sure, you can use what you have now, but that is not a real fresh start either.

L&LD | SmallNetBuilder Forums (snbforums.com)

Using new (never before used) SSID's is faster and more effective than resetting all your existing client devices too (which is the long way to do it).

Using new SSID's is suggested when moving from an AC to an AX router (or an N to an AC, etc.).

Sure, you can use what you have now, but that is not a real fresh start either.

L&LD | SmallNetBuilder Forums (snbforums.com)

Using new (never before used) SSID's is faster and more effective than resetting all your existing client devices too (which is the long way to do it).
You lost me there, I understand the safety bit, but why would a new SSID make it faster?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!