What's new

AC88U wifi fail since 386 - with logs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

paul

New Around Here
Hi

I have 3x AC-88U at 3 different locations all on separate networks, each are suffering with similar wifi failures at varying times during the day or night. The wifi is not visible by clients. When hovering over the green wifi symbol on the login page both channels show "0". LAN clients can still connect and run normally.

The first 88U was upgraded from 384. The other 2 from latest ASUS releases - all by doing the recomended best practice method posted early Feb.

The (lenghty) log is attached in TXT file.

Cheers

Attachments

• ac88u wifi log.txt
    33.7 KB · Views: 202
Hi

I have 3x AC-88U at 3 different locations all on separate networks, each are suffering with similar wifi failures at varying times during the day or night. The wifi is not visible by clients. When hovering over the green wifi symbol on the login page both channels show "0". LAN clients can still connect and run normally.

The first 88U was upgraded from 384. The other 2 from latest ASUS releases - all by doing the recomended best practice method posted early Feb.

The (lenghty) log is attached in TXT file.

Cheers

Have you selected a specific manual channel on both 2.4 and 5Ghz rather than using Auto?

I dont see anything specific in the logs that point to a failure of WIFI or anything that could suggest that WIFI not visible to clients.
The only thing to do is do a WPS reset on 1 of the routers - carefully reconfigure from scratch manually- choose a WIFI control channel with least interference -use inSSider or similar - dont use auto- choose 20Mhz channel BW for 2.4GHz -wireless mode auto and go from there. Use all the recommended settings in professional tab. eg disable airtime fairness, universal beamforming, tx bursting etc etc. I assume you are on 386.1_2? Failing that try going back to 384.19 and see if same problem exists.