What's new

access point questions

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

naper82

Occasional Visitor
I have one AP running with different SSID and password than the main router.

All devices are config to use main router SSID/password and connect to main router. When I login to the AP I see a subset of the devices (21 out of 30) in the client list as wired connection, is this expected? Is it possible to show only devices that connect to that particular AP directly?

Also for those devices show up in the AP, the hostname are not correct as what I have setup in the main router. What settings need to be done so they can have correct hostname show up in AP?

I am setting up this AP only for some of remote devices that are difficult to connect to main router and don't plan to allow other devices to connect.

Log in to the access point, see the client list there. It will show who is wirelessly connected.

as for the host names, you will have to manually change them on the access point. They don’t automatically adapt to your main router. I wish it did, I have many access points.

Thanks. Where to manually change hostname on AP? Didn't find from the web UI.

Client list is one place.

ah, didn't know I can change hostname there. I knew the dhcp static ip and /jffs/config/dnsmasq.conf.add in main router but seems those are not available on AP.

Where are those hostnames saved? Is there a way to change it via command line?

Thanks

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!