What's new

access point with at least two gigabit ethernet ports

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

velt

New Around Here
This seems to be a tall order, I need an access point for my office, not a router. But the access point needs to have at least two gigabit ethernet ports, one for the router connection and one for the pc.
I dont really care a lot if its 2.4ghz or 5ghz, i just want the gigabit ethernet option.

Im having trouble finding gigabit ethernet ports on AP.

This seems to be a tall order, I need an access point for my office, not a router. But the access point needs to have at least two gigabit ethernet ports, one for the router connection and one for the pc.
I dont really care a lot if its 2.4ghz or 5ghz, i just want the gigabit ethernet option.

Im having trouble finding gigabit ethernet ports on AP.

According to Ubiquity, Their AC Pro has two gig ports..

https://www.ubnt.com/unifi/unifi-ap-ac-pro/

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious about the logic. Are you thinking one Wire will run from router to AP then continue on to a PC?

In most cases it would be recommended to have two wires running from router or switch one to AP & one to PC.

Having said above Unifi Pro has two gigabit ports.

Curious about the logic. Are you thinking one Wire will run from router to AP then continue on to a PC?

In most cases it would be recommended to have two wires running from router or switch one to AP & one to PC.

Having said above Unifi Pro has two gigabit ports.

i only have one wire from downstairs to the office, [from the router downstairs to my pc; to install another one would be complicated]. So i need a AP that works like a switch with a couple of gigabit ethernet ports [one for the router and one for the pc].
Yes, I could buy a gigabit switch and plug a AP there, but maybe a product already exists.

i only have one wire from downstairs to the office, [from the router downstairs to my pc; to install another one would be complicated]. So i need a AP that works like a switch with a couple of gigabit ethernet ports [one for the router and one for the pc].
Yes, I could buy a gigabit switch and plug a AP there, but maybe a product already exists.

Do you actually need WiFi along with the two Ethernet ports?

If so, find an RT-AC56U ($50 or so, on sale) for the best bang for the buck (if a plain switch as I suggested above won't be enough).

The Asus RT-AC56U (even at the same price point) is still superior to the NetGear in many, many ways.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!