What's new

access point with at least two gigabit ethernet ports

velt

New Around Here
This seems to be a tall order, I need an access point for my office, not a router. But the access point needs to have at least two gigabit ethernet ports, one for the router connection and one for the pc.
I dont really care a lot if its 2.4ghz or 5ghz, i just want the gigabit ethernet option.

Im having trouble finding gigabit ethernet ports on AP.

netwrks

This seems to be a tall order, I need an access point for my office, not a router. But the access point needs to have at least two gigabit ethernet ports, one for the router connection and one for the pc.
I dont really care a lot if its 2.4ghz or 5ghz, i just want the gigabit ethernet option.

Im having trouble finding gigabit ethernet ports on AP.
According to Ubiquity, Their AC Pro has two gig ports..

https://www.ubnt.com/unifi/unifi-ap-ac-pro/

Last edited by a moderator:

KenZ71

Curious about the logic. Are you thinking one Wire will run from router to AP then continue on to a PC?

In most cases it would be recommended to have two wires running from router or switch one to AP & one to PC.

Having said above Unifi Pro has two gigabit ports.

L&LD

Part of the Furniture

velt

New Around Here
Curious about the logic. Are you thinking one Wire will run from router to AP then continue on to a PC?

In most cases it would be recommended to have two wires running from router or switch one to AP & one to PC.

Having said above Unifi Pro has two gigabit ports.
i only have one wire from downstairs to the office, [from the router downstairs to my pc; to install another one would be complicated]. So i need a AP that works like a switch with a couple of gigabit ethernet ports [one for the router and one for the pc].
Yes, I could buy a gigabit switch and plug a AP there, but maybe a product already exists.

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
i only have one wire from downstairs to the office, [from the router downstairs to my pc; to install another one would be complicated]. So i need a AP that works like a switch with a couple of gigabit ethernet ports [one for the router and one for the pc].
Yes, I could buy a gigabit switch and plug a AP there, but maybe a product already exists.
Do you actually need WiFi along with the two Ethernet ports?

If so, find an RT-AC56U ($50 or so, on sale) for the best bang for the buck (if a plain switch as I suggested above won't be enough).

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
The Asus RT-AC56U (even at the same price point) is still superior to the NetGear in many, many ways.

L&LD

Part of the Furniture

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!