What's new

Access points buying advise

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@Trip I managed to get a zd1100 and some 7982
What's the latest firmwares to run on theses?
What do you use?
Also if you have a link to the firmwares for both please would be great.
Thanks

Per the links @L&LD supplied, you can see that the last supported ZoneFlex firmware version for both the ZD1100 and 7982 was 9.10.2.0.76. Depending on the version your ZD1100 is at, there is a sequential subversion upgrade path you much make to get to 9.10.2.0.76. Presuming your 7982's are within a few subversion of current, the ZD100 should pick them up, as long on they're on the same subnet, and auto-flash and then adopt them with your current running config.

Per the links @L&LD supplied, you can see that the last supported ZoneFlex firmware version for both the ZD1100 and 7982 was 9.10.2.0.76. Depending on the version your ZD1100 is at, there is a sequential subversion upgrade path you much make to get to 9.10.2.0.76. Presuming your 7982's are within a few subversion of current, the ZD100 should pick them up, as long on they're on the same subnet, and auto-flash and then adopt them with your current running config.
What version firmware are you running on your zd1100 and 7982

I recently upgraded to an R720 and R510 running latest version of Unleashed, so no ZoneDirector right now. But when I was running my 7982's and the ZD1100, I was on 9.10.2.0.76. Worked just about as well as my setup now, albeit without AC Wave 2 and MU-MIMO.

I recently upgraded to an R720 and R510 running latest version of Unleashed, so no ZoneDirector right now. But when I was running my 7982's and the ZD1100, I was on 9.10.2.0.76. Worked just about as well as my setup now, albeit without AC Wave 2 and MU-MIMO.
Nice how are the r720 and r510

The R720 is amazing, as is the R510 for its size. I'm in a house built at the turn of the century, ie. fairly impermeable materials, with the 720 in the upper back of the house and the R510 SmartMesh'd on the lower front. I get wifi across the street and down the block 200-300 feet, amidst a bunch of neighboring interference as well. As the 7982's did before, the stuff just works and never degrades, ever. What more can you ask for? :)

The R720 is amazing, as is the R510 for its size. I'm in a house built at the turn of the century, ie. fairly impermeable materials, with the 720 in the upper back of the house and the R510 SmartMesh'd on the lower front. I get wifi across the street and down the block 200-300 feet, amidst a bunch of neighboring interference as well. As the 7982's did before, the stuff just works and never degrades, ever. What more can you ask for? :)
Do you change any settings on your setups or just use most default settings?

Signal-wise, the R720 and 7982 are almost identical, with the R720 maybe slightly strong per unit distance. For real-world, usable bandwidth over distance, though, yes, perhaps a 10-20% bump with the R720, some of which I owe to further development of Ruckus's antenna arrays and firmware, and some to AC Wave 2. The R510 would be most comparable to a 7372, and I would say it gets perhaps 5-10% better signal and 15-30% more usable bandwidth over distance. Price considered, though, the 7982 is still a smoking value at <$50 a pop on FleaBay.

Settings-wise, I enabled SmartMesh in the Unleashed setup, then enabled 802.11r and .11k, but other than that, left everything else at defaults. And the system just purrs like a kitten. :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!