What's new

Access services via HTTPS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Loxion

New Around Here
Hi all,

Not sure if this is a QNAP thing, a general web thing or something different (I am very new and learning this stuff).

I have Ombi running in Docker on the QNAP (TS251D) and everything was works fine.
I had a domain linked to it (originally running through No-IP for DDNS services and) and that worked fine using HTTP, all traffic was coming in on specific port. I am double NAT'd so had the incoming port mapped from the modem (actually a router setup as just a modem) through to my actual router (Asus RT- AC85P), then forwarded from there to my NAS on the port OMBI is using. I am double NAT at the moment as my ISPs router (TalkTalk) is garbage and has numerous known issues, but I needed something to provide the modem functions to the ASUS which I can config better.

I then wanted to take it a step further and set it all up to use HTTPS but am having some problems.

I have setup a new domain which is HTTPS enabled using Lets Encrypt. I have setup web forwarding for that domain directly through to my home IP on the same port for testing, but it doesn't work. I get a response telling me "The Connection for this site is not secure"

I did previously have MyQNAPCloud disabled as I never needed it, however did enable it last Friday as I may have needed to access it from my parents. That is the only thing I have changed on the server, disabling it again does not resolve the issue. MyQNAP Cloud is also using the default Lets Encrypt certificate.

Should point out I can't even get in using HTTP now, not sure if there is some setting that has been changed somewhere that I am missing?

Can anyone give me some pointers or things to look at?

I suspect this is may be a relatively simple thing and I am falling foul of my lack of experience.

Any help appreciated.