What's new

Accessing GT-AX11000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ROO2020

Regular Contributor
I have asked Asus support several times how can I access my GT-AX11000 router when away from home using my Asus app. I use to be able to do this on my RT-AC5300, it was simple. Asus support has sent me 5 different answers, including, I need to return my router for repairs. By the way, I did that on my 5300 2 years ago, it took 5 weeks to get it back. 11 days of that time was spent shipping from California to me. UPS made 23 stops according to tracking. Unreal. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks.

I don't use the Asus app while away..

The way I access mine is by enabling DDNS on the router under WAN, also create a host name, next you setup the OpenVPN server (keep everything at default) under the VPN tab and create a username and password, then export (download) the opvnvpn config file thru your phone.

You can than download the OpenVPN Connect app on your phone and import the file you exported thru your phone. You the username and password to log into your router while away. I probably miss a few steps but there's a guide in here with specific step-by-step instructions.

The way I access mine is by enabling DDNS on the router under WAN, also create a host name, next you setup the OpenVPN server (keep everything at default) under the VPN tab and create a username and password, then export (download) the opvnvpn config file thru your phone.

You can than download the OpenVPN Connect app on your phone and import the file you exported thru your phone. You the username and password to log into your router while away. I probably miss a few steps but there's a guide in here with specific step-by-step instructions.

Thanks. Do you think this can cause a problem for Nest Cameras making this happen? Just wondering why you do not use the Asus App? It has good diagnostics, etc.

Thanks. Do you think this can cause a problem for Nest Cameras making this happen? Just wondering why you do not use the Asus App? It has good diagnostics, etc.
I've been using the OpenVPN Connect app for a long time now. I never use the Asus app while away. I rarely use it every now and than while I'm home though.

I don't think it should create any problems with Nest Connect as I have them and never had any issues.

Has anyone updated their GT-AX11000 to the new firmware: 3.0.0.4.386_45375-ge5f218b
Any problems?

I have asked Asus support several times how can I access my GT-AX11000 router when away from home using my Asus app. I use to be able to do this on my RT-AC5300, it was simple. Asus support has sent me 5 different answers, including, I need to return my router for repairs. By the way, I did that on my 5300 2 years ago, it took 5 weeks to get it back. 11 days of that time was spent shipping from California to me. UPS made 23 stops according to tracking. Unreal. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks.
Got both my RT-AC5300 and GT-AX11000 in the app
Did you enable "Enable Web Access from WAN" ?

Has anyone updated their GT-AX11000 to the new firmware: 3.0.0.4.386_45375-ge5f218b
Any problems?

My AX11000 keeps/kept self rebooting,that release didn't help.
Trying beta 9.0.0.4_386_45652 at the moment.
3hr33mins uptime so far,not crashed since I flashed and configured.

Got both my RT-AC5300 and GT-AX11000 in the app
Did you enable "Enable Web Access from WAN" ?

My AX11000 keeps/kept self rebooting,that release didn't help.
Trying beta 9.0.0.4_386_45652 at the moment.
3hr33mins uptime so far,not crashed since I flashed and configured.
I was told not to use the Beta version. Could cause more problems. If so, you have to start over. Yes, I did enable web access from WAN.

I was told not to use the Beta version. Could cause more problems. If so, you have to start over. Yes, I did enable web access from WAN.
did you setup the router in the app 1st on wifi?

Directly through router. I only use the App sparingly.
You you have clicked add router button,whilst on its own wifi.
it looks for a router,finds it and sets it up.
turn off wifi,turn on data and it should still connect.

just did exact thing now to connect my AX11000

You you have clicked add router button,whilst on its own wifi.
it looks for a router,finds it and sets it up.
turn off wifi,turn on data and it should still connect.

just did exact thing now to connect my AX11000
My router is fine, it runs 26 devices, and I have a another Asus router as the Mesh. Thanks

My router is fine, it runs 26 devices, and I have a another Asus router as the Mesh. Thanks

But you cannot access the AX11000 from the app,whilst on phone data?

Last edited:
I sent a message to Asus that my GT-AX11000 router shows it is Not Secure in the https. All my other items, Chrome, any website all show secure. I have loaded the latest software. Asus said to reset the router start over. And then reset the router again. This does not make sense to do that, I have to reload software updates again. The current firmware is updated. Should I be worried that on router it says not secure when everything else shows secure in the https?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!