What's new

Additional Device Icons

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

s_Fanous

Occasional Visitor
First and foremost apologies if this has been discussed before. I tried to search within the forums but couldn't find a thread. My question deals with device icons displayed in the Web UI.
  1. How come the router is displaying some icons that are not available for manual selection? For example I have a Synology NAS, the router is displaying a Synology icon but I'm not seeing how I can select this icon for other devices.

Rs86qvf.png

2. Where on the filesystem are these icons located? I couldn't find them within the /www/images folder/sub folders
  3. Is anyone maintaining a repository for extra icons?
TIA

First and foremost apologies if this has been discussed before. I tried to search within the forums but couldn't find a thread. My question deals with device icons displayed in the Web UI.
  1. How come the router is displaying some icons that are not available for manual selection? For example I have a Synology NAS, the router is displaying a Synology icon but I'm not seeing how I can select this icon for other devices.

2. Where on the filesystem are these icons located? I couldn't find them within the /www/images folder/sub folders
  3. Is anyone maintaining a repository for extra icons?
TIA

I noticed this to for instance some of my devices get a Laptop icon by default, but that icon is NOT select able in the list of icons, my laptops sure dont get defaulted to laptop icon and I cant select that icon. there icons that are built into the fw that are missing from list

This started with the 380.58? I think that is build that had all the icons looks changed? which when some icons that are actual in FW which when I start to notice some device default to laptop icon but I couldn't find said laptop icon in the list to pick

Hope my reply is not too late... I made up an icon with the default icons... Windows Notebook. In fact, I tailor made icons for all my devices... very much better than those build-in icons.

Attachments

• WinNB.gif
    WinNB.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 9,409
  • Screen Shot 2016-08-30 at 1.11.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-30 at 1.11.45 PM.png
    263.1 KB · Views: 8,826
anyone have icon for switch ?

1. How come the router is displaying some icons that are not available for manual selection?
The router can load images from locations other than itself - for example, see the WinNB.gif another user posted - save that to your own file system and you can select it via the big '+' icon in the lower right of the image you posted (I just did exactly that because I wanted an icon for a "Windows laptop")

The icons - or at least a lot of them - appear to be located in the vector file (!) located ON the router at: http://192.168.1.1/images/New_ui/networkmap/client-list.svg
[this is for a "stock" asus rt-ac68p - don't know about others). If you look at the SOURCE for that file via your browser it shows a bunch of, not surprising, vector coordinates, etc.

If you look at the source for this page: http://192.168.1.1/index.asp
you'll see a long bunch of code that contains references to the displayed icons - after "viewing source" look for "Windows" and you'll see the code for that matrix of icons - note that a LOT of icons are apparently missing, e.g. "type8" is missing, etc. I'd assume, for whatever reason, Asus decided to not make accessible certain existing icons to make that matrix physically smaller.

I know nothing about vector images but I'd suspect the proper image editor could yank out the existing-but-unavailable icons from that "client-list.svg" file, save them to your own filesystem, thus allowing you to load them back in for your own devices.

Attachments

• found.jpg
    found.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 3,816
  • client-list.png
    client-list.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 4,203
  • vender-list.png
    vender-list.png
    14.8 KB · Views: 4,151
  • client-listover.png
    client-listover.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 3,893
sry, no time 2 make any icons, but here a example, approximately 5min. one icon
load this in piceditor from post be4 : vender-list.png
1:
beispiel18tzi4x9od6.jpg

2:
beispiel2dorm8cptyk.jpg

3:
beispiel3u7mgez0lpi.jpg

save as PNG-8 = 1.690 Bytes
save as PNG-24 = 3.838 Bytes

hope it helps

Attachments

• Samsung.png
    Samsung.png
    1.9 KB · Views: 2,559
  • SamsungS7,png-24.png
    SamsungS7,png-24.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 1,896
  • SamsungS7.png-8.png
    SamsungS7.png-8.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 1,577
Thanks for the guide, time for some creativity and make some custom icons.

One remark:

gives a 404 - file not found. Maybe a typo in the url?

this is my router ip / or the default-ip from ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC68U
the png's i upload from ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC68U .. no idea other router have other pic-description
scroll down the post .. u find all png's in "Attached Files"

I have the same IP (it's the default IP) and the other two URL's worked just fine, that's why I mentioned it ;) Nevertheless, thanks for sharing!

ahh than i know, my english is not really good.. sry .. the pics go in webbrowsercache, u must hit any pic and with the mouse over the defaulticons, than the url works.
"how i can easy find the pic's/icons in a router" - example with opera..

first login in router than right-mouse on any pic .. kontexMenu is open & hit last button -> inspect element
look right side above "sources" and hit this. now hit all pics u can find in router or "inspect element", they
load & reload in right side (o.cache) green=pic/icon etc. - look pitures i have make..

1:
router1j2yt7g1xi0.jpg

2:
router2o01d6qbiy4.jpg

3:
router3emn50j4sqc.jpg

save all u want
have fun

some more with "copy,paste,resize&save" - more devices i will probably not have.
if i have something new, i will post it.
previewiconsrmak4oxczw.jpg

Attachments

• SamsungTab10.png
    SamsungTab10.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 2,261
  • Switch.png
    Switch.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 2,721
  • AppleLap.png
    AppleLap.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 2,293
  • LinuxLap.png
    LinuxLap.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 2,032
  • WinLap.png
    WinLap.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 2,565
some more
jbebLDa.jpg

Attachments

• Synology.b.NAS.png
    Synology.b.NAS.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 2,815
  • Synology.w.NAS.png
    Synology.w.NAS.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 2,061
  • WDCloud.EX2.b.png
    WDCloud.EX2.b.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 2,202
  • WDCloud.EX2.w.png
    WDCloud.EX2.w.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 1,757
  • Zyxel.NAS.png
    Zyxel.NAS.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 1,448
some revised .. Tab-icon was 2 dark, Switch was 2 awry, Mede8er now b,s & sharp, Note4 now hw.
have fun
SHaO5HX.jpg

Attachments

• SamsungTab10h.png
    SamsungTab10h.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 1,388
  • Switch1c.png
    Switch1c.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 1,957
  • MED1000X3Db.png
    MED1000X3Db.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 1,528
  • MED1000X3Ds.png
    MED1000X3Ds.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 1,269
  • SamsungN41.png
    SamsungN41.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 1,415
Could you perhaps make something like that for a telefone? :D (like Gigaset c430a go)

I no longer seem to have the option to add custom icons. The "+" symbol is no longer at the end of my icon list. Anybody else have this issue? Using Merlin 380.66.6 on an RT-N66U. Thanks.

Have created some basic icons for some of the devices I have.

Withings ( now owned by Nokia )
Broadlink ( IoT wifi switches and devices )
Raspberry Pi ( couldn't believe folks hadn't already created it
Orvibo ( similar to Broadlink ).

Attachments

• withings.png
    withings.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 2,200
  • broadlink.png
    broadlink.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 2,339
  • raspberrypi.png
    raspberrypi.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 5,253